Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what size

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

Poll

Question: What size is your diamond

Options:

less than a quarter carat

quarter carat

half carat

three quarter carat

a carat

larger than a carat

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 35

View Results

What size diamond is your engagement ring? I am going to he getting engaged and my bf and I had argued about size. He wants to get me a bigger diamond and all I want is a quarter carat bc I'm not a jewelry person...
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:50 AM
If u r not a jewelry person, why get a diamond at all?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:52 AM
Cause he wanted to get me one... gotta compromise sometimes ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

If u r not a jewelry person, why get a diamond at all?
JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:19 AM

when we discussed my hubby said it had to be at least a carat, anything under wasnt worth it..lol. His opinion, of course. I told him I dontlike big rings, so then just go for the 1carat.. Now that Im older, my opinion of diamonds has changed... I should of went bigger.. HAHAHA

♥Life's not always about trying to push through the storm, its about learning to dance in the rain!

mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:26 AM

My original ring was 1/5 carat- that was 17 years ago. Sadly, a few years ago, the diamond fell out and I was very upset. I loved that ring! Dh took me to the local jeweler and had me look at new rings. I was trying not to spend a fortune, although he kept telling me that if I went over the number in his head he would tell me.. I found one I liked, but I was being my frugal self, and he overrode me and bought it- 3/4 carat princess cut. I love my new ring... not only that, he replaced the diamond in my original as well. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:28 AM
I love princess cut, that's what I want..

Quoting mcginnisc:

My original ring was 1/5 carat- that was 17 years ago. Sadly, a few years ago, the diamond fell out and I was very upset. I loved that ring! Dh took me to the local jeweler and had me look at new rings. I was trying not to spend a fortune, although he kept telling me that if I went over the number in his head he would tell me.. I found one I liked, but I was being my frugal self, and he overrode me and bought it- 3/4 carat princess cut. I love my new ring... not only that, he replaced the diamond in my original as well. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:29 AM

1/5 carat

I am hoping he will "re-proprose" to me with a new ring... don't care on the size. Because we have been through a lot the last few years and I don't feel like the ring he gave me really means anything anymore. I want to start fresh!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:30 AM
I hate big rings, I feel like it's too heavy.

Quoting JDmommyJD:

when we discussed my hubby said it had to be at least a carat, anything under wasnt worth it..lol. His opinion, of course. I told him I dontlike big rings, so then just go for the 1carat.. Now that Im older, my opinion of diamonds has changed... I should of went bigger.. HAHAHA

AHmom103
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:31 AM

Mine is 1/5 carat. He wanted to buy me a bigger ring, but I said no, because I'm horrible about losing jewelry.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:34 AM
Bump
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:38 AM
Mine is 3/4 of a carat....but I hate jewelry & its been in a jewelry box for the last 6 years. Biggest waste of money ever.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)