Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

does your doctors office charge to have forms filled out?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
We are military and use a civilian ped for our kids. Well we are moving and the doctor has to fill out some forms for our kids and they're charging to do it now. 25 per form. Its not billable to insurance..then records are 1.00 first page 25 cents each additional page..which for my kids will wind up being 100 or so.

Fuucck
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:21 AM
Replies (141-149):
moneysaver6
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 3:19 AM

We have moved several times & I've never had a doc charge me for records.

Nikaniko
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 3:24 AM

We are military also. My pedi office told me when we move or need to transfer records since we are military it's free. If we weren't military it would cost per page.

hargonagain
by Silver Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 4:56 AM

My doctor charges between $15 and $200 depending on the type of forms.  If you have the new doctor's office request copies they usually won't charge.  I remember when I was moving from my hometown I went to the doctor and requested copies of my chart and was told the same thing, that I would have to pay a flat fee of $5 plus a certain amount per page.  I asked how much they charge a different doctor's office for the records and was told it was free, professional courtesy!

Sunshinebee0502
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 7:04 AM

My children's doctor makes us pay for records but not to fill out forms...

Dani_Lynn
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 7:38 AM
That's why when you PCS, you sign a records request with your new provider. Your old provider will then send them to your new provider without charge to you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
superwoman8977
by Silver Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 7:43 AM

Yes they have always charged and we used to be a military family.  Its a pain to them to fill out all those forms (used to work in ob office on post so I know) so yes they should charge.

K1tten
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 8:34 AM

Yes. My daughter needed a paper filled out for a physical and was charged the cost of the office visit because it was taking up the doctors time to fill it out. So, the physical (signature on the paper) cost her $55.00. She was just in to see him a week prior but didn't have the paper then.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 19, 2012 at 3:04 PM

this is why i get copies while there- or by the end of the week.- alot of doctor's office have started to do that

Quoting Anonymous:

We can't. Dh has a checklist and records have to be hand carried. We are moving overseas.

Quoting Ninjascreenname:

Never heard of that. Just have the new peds office request them when you move

3mommy2004
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:16 PM

The charge is for the copies of the files...you can get them transfered to a new doctor for free. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)