Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

does your doctors office charge to have forms filled out?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
We are military and use a civilian ped for our kids. Well we are moving and the doctor has to fill out some forms for our kids and they're charging to do it now. 25 per form. Its not billable to insurance..then records are 1.00 first page 25 cents each additional page..which for my kids will wind up being 100 or so.

Fuucck
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:21 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:29 AM
I don't think I can do that. Each kid has 2 different forms required. A dd 1466 and some 2722 or something? I'm not up to date on my military form lingo. Lol

Quoting jcampbell288:

staple all the forms together and say its 1

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:29 AM

You'd be surprised at how thick they can get.  I have all of my daughters medical records I like to keep copies for myself because we have multiple drs so that way I can keep track as well and her stack is about 2 ft tall!  And thats what has accumulated in 7 years!

Quoting Thelmama:

No, that is craziness.  How many pages do your kids need? 100 dollars is  a lot of pages.  

NEVERMIND.....uggh...I need more coffee. Read that wrong ,you are talking records, not just forms.

We never had to pay if one doctor asked for them from another. Once we had them copied for one child and there was a 25 dollar cap on it, regardless of the number of pages.

Pink.Sunshine
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:29 AM
no, thats ridiculous
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AutymsMommy
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:29 AM

Makes sense to me. Is the private office supposed to cover the cost of paper, ink, and labor?

OP, pretty common around here.

Quoting mommy_me:

Ive never heard of that. That is terrible

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:30 AM
Yea. Never heard of 25 PER form though, that's crazy! And I think, legally they can't not give you your records, per HIPPA. Awhile ago I tried to get a copy of a prescription and they wanted to charge me for my whole records. I emailed the doctor and let him know that his nurses were violating HIPPA, the nurse I was dealing with was a total bitch, and he replied with an apology and said I could go pick it up whenever I could. It was awesome to have that nurse hand it to me so unwillingly lol
frzmamaof4
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:30 AM
Yep!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:31 AM
Well filling out forms is no waste of paper or printer ink. Its just their time.

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Makes sense to me. Is the private office supposed to cover the cost of paper, ink, and labor?

Quoting mommy_me:

AutymsMommy
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:32 AM

Yes - and they are entitled to be paid for the time they put in at their job. No?

Quoting Anonymous:

Well filling out forms is no waste of paper or printer ink. Its just their time.

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Quoting mommy_me:

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:32 AM

Yeah I read the OP wrong, which is why I edited. I have a child who has lots of medical records and all 3 of mine have Noonan's syndrome. For them it only makes them very small for age. I thought at first she was just talking about forms ,charging to fill out forms. I read it wrong.  I edited it, after I reread it.  I think there should be a cap on how much they can charge.  My son's records are huge.

Quoting Anonymous:

You'd be surprised at how thick they can get.  I have all of my daughters medical records I like to keep copies for myself because we have multiple drs so that way I can keep track as well and her stack is about 2 ft tall!  And thats what has accumulated in 7 years!

Quoting Thelmama:

No, that is craziness.  How many pages do your kids need? 100 dollars is  a lot of pages.  

NEVERMIND.....uggh...I need more coffee. Read that wrong ,you are talking records, not just forms.

We never had to pay if one doctor asked for them from another. Once we had them copied for one child and there was a 25 dollar cap on it, regardless of the number of pages.

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:33 AM
The office I used to work at started charging to fill out forms right before I quit. in our office, the secretaries actually filled them out & then, either signed the doctors name or stamped it. We also charged to make copies of medical records. It's pretty standard practice now
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)