Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

does your doctors office charge to have forms filled out?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
We are military and use a civilian ped for our kids. Well we are moving and the doctor has to fill out some forms for our kids and they're charging to do it now. 25 per form. Its not billable to insurance..then records are 1.00 first page 25 cents each additional page..which for my kids will wind up being 100 or so.

Fuucck
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:21 AM
Replies (41-50):
lil_Army_Wife05
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:20 AM

To get a copy of their record, they charge 5 bucks per page. As for forms, I haven't been charged anything for those.

mayzell
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:25 AM

that ie a legal medical records fee, not all Dr.'s do this

But they can if they want to. I work for a M.D. we charge the patient to pick up records

We do not charge if another dr. request them

jas_momof2
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:31 AM

We're military and I've seen the same thing.  They can do it - legally... 

And I don't know who said the first copy is free, cause that's not true.  Maybe they're thinking about your credit report...  lol...

RLT2
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:31 AM

I just went to a podiatrist because I sprained my ankle recently. They are charging me $20 bucks to write a date on and sign an aflac form. : /    I WILL be finding a different podiatrist.

itsm3
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:32 AM

yes but my doctor tends to not charge the patients.  she's really nice.

DarksMama
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:34 AM

My doc only charges to fill out disability forms since they are such a pain in the ass. Disability here, whether permanent or temporary is ridiculous...they act like you want a slice of green cheese from the moon. 

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Yes, office visit.

Saille717
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:50 AM

Yes -- the offices i've dealt with always had a fee, either per page or a flat rate for the entire file.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:02 AM

I would pay the money to get copies of the childrens records then when the new Pedi or physician asks for copies I would charge them for copies, or charge them the same amount it costs for you to get the records in the first place. My Drs charge $5 for a copy of the childrens shot records and an additional $5 to fill out the form for the school nurse.

ittybit2012
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:04 AM

My doctor always has.  It was never 25 bucks per form though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)