• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom's with adult children.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
Do you ever feel like they toss you aside until they need you? Like they're adults and they don't want to hear your crap but when they need something from you, they're suddenly your children again?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:36 AM

I certainly hope I have a better relationship with my children then that when they get older.

I do not treat my dad that way and my husband does not treat his parents like that either.

How sad.

HousewifeNina
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:37 AM
2 moms liked this
I get that feeling sometimes. I try to remember I am supposed to raise them to NOT need me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you ever feel like they toss you aside until they need you? Like they're adults and they don't want to hear your crap but when they need something from you, they're suddenly your children again?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shivasgirl
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:39 AM

nope,my 24yr old son has been my rock.

wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:39 AM

1 of them is sort of like that, but the other one calls me just to check in and  tell me what's going on in his life.

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:41 AM

It happens.  Be the adult - no need to burden them with YOUR problems, as the parent of an adult child, you should have worked out most of them way before that time.  And as the adult kid, they should be indepedent enough to live a life separate from you.

anitarichman
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:41 AM

At 18 and 20 that's exactly what goes on. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:45 AM
My child is 19 and that is how it seems at times. She goes so far with her independance, but then it seems like she comes running back to the nest when she thinks she has gone to far. Part of me wants her to stay, but then a bigger part of me wants her to get out there on her own.
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this

No I am so blessed to have children that want a relationship with me. I talk with my sons a lot. My DIL and I chat every couple days. My younger single one and I talk or text every couple days.I meet up with my younger son for dinner, to go shopping and when he comes to town meet him for drinks which he pays for !! My older son works, goes to school and is in the Nat gaurd. he still takes time to call and we skype.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:53 AM
Sorry guys. My MIL is using my phone to do this but its too fancy for her lol. She still has a flip phone and this is her first time on CM. She has some comments and questions but asked me to type them out.
jbirdsladie27
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:54 AM
No, I'm a very lucky mother
James (16) and I hang out all the time and oldest son in the Marines calls home every day.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)