Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

schools and holidays

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:02 AM
  • 1 Replies

so after making 50+ goody bags last night for 2 classrooms and my sons speech & phonics class i realized that most schools do not celebrate the holidays. Our school thankfully does and it is called a christmas party unlike other public schools that are called holiday parties or they just dont have it. Today in my daughters first grade class, they are having a Polar Express Day, they got to wear PJs to school, they are reading the book and watching the movie, tomorrow it's Grinch day, they have to wear green, make grinchy faces and they will read the book and watch the movie, thursday is the classroom party for both kids and friday is a school wide party complete with pizza, cookies, and the big guy in red himself! they even do elf on the shelf starting in October the schools creepy elf whose name is Maple (maple avenue elem. school) visits a new class everyday. today Maple is in my sons third grade class.

I think it is adorable that the school has these activities for the little ones, it helps get them excited. Does your school do holiday parties? if so, then what do they do? if not, why?

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
mary841108
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:09 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)