• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

AHH, Help soothing a sick baby

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:04 AM
  • 25 Replies

Okay so  I have a pretty sick 2 year old. Asking her what will or does make her feel better isnt much of a option since she isnt very verbal.

Well any way she had what I assumed was just a cold but she woke up extremly fussy today , she she is pretty much inconsolable unless shes attatched to me either nursing or being rocked. She has a runny nose, cough, horse voice, swollen glands, just over general fussyness. She also has had no fever. an a belly ache ..

She has been taking tylenol she will not take motrin shewont keep it down. Weve done bath which helps for maybe  a few hours but our house gets chilly so I would prefer not to keep bathing her because of getting cold.

Well any ways just curious if you guys had any suggestions.

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:05 AM
Why is your two year old non verbal?
jbirdsladie27
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Decaff tea & honey? I'm sorry momma hope she feels better quickly
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this
She said not very verbal, not non verbal

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:07 AM
Hope she feels better quickly OP
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:08 AM
Do you not have a doctor? Take her.
MrsRinehart2010
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:09 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

She way born with a rythmic issue so her speach is delayed . She coming along better but  as far as explaining how she feels an what will help shes not the best at. She can tell me where she hurts but she can really tell me what will help make her feel better ect.  An being sick just make her way less verbal. She will not talk when sick at all.

bri2011
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:10 AM
Vicks baby rub. Vicks also makes a vapor bath, which works wonders I even use it myself. U cld try to get a soft baby blanket put it in the dryer to get it warm and wrap her up in it. Also, a hat on her head may help soothe her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
connorsmommy120
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:10 AM

:( I have a sick 2yr old as well. She woke up saying her head hurt, so I gave her a little Motrin. I had to take her with to drop off my son at school, and we get home and I'm carrying her up to the door and as soon as we reach the door she starts puking all of me and the door. She felt so bad, she started crying saying she was sorry. Right now she's just laying on the couch with her lovey watching Blues Clues.

kate80
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Electric blanket. Or heating pad on low. Could be she is really achy. Just watch she doesn't become over heated. Flushed in face is good indication.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsRinehart2010
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:11 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you not have a doctor? Take her.

she does but they cant get her in till tommorow which wont help me today.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)