Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not very happy at the moment, WWYD?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:18 AM
  • 2 Replies
My DS had a sleepover at a friends house this past Saturday. During this sleepover one of the oldest Boys in the family decided he would take the Boys downstairs and show them where his Mom kept all the Christmas presents.
He told my DS there's no such thing as Santa and if he was real why would his Mom have all those presents and new wrapping paper to wrap them in.
My DF tells me all this at breakfast this morning, he says "Well I seen Santa at the Mall it was one of his helpers I know he isn't the "Real Santa"

So I just called and spoke with the Mother, I told her I thought she should know her kids found the Christmas Stash and I kinda laughed not wanting her to think I was being mean. I was told that No her kids have always known there is no Santa they didn't see the point in telling them a lie especially if it was impossible to get them a gift on their list it was best they knew up front.

I explained that DS believes in Santa, as well as the Easter Bunny ect. She just told me that I was setting him up for disapointments later in life which I found very rude.
I'm kinda shocked actually they are nice people, their kids from what I can tell do very well in school and the youngest age 10 has stayed the night with us, really polite young man.
I understand their logic and have no issues with their beliefs but I don't know that I want DS to continue to have sleepovers at their home. I tried to ask her if she could explain to her oldest Son that maybe he wouldn't tell little kids stuff like that again (my ds) anyway. She got defensive with me saying this is half the problem with kids today always set up believing lies and become failures.

Sigh,,,,,,I'm on the PTO with her, honestly I do like her she's smart, funny and is always the first one helping but I can't help but feel like it will be awkward around her from now on because yeah she was kinda a smartass.

I know a lot of people tell their kids what they want about those kinds of things, none of business but I don't like that my DS was told and I feel like kids today are forced to grow up too fast and Parents sometimes forget We Too remember what it was like being a kid, all excited for Christmas and presents.

So now what? DS and their DS really get along great and are buddies. Ignore what she said like it was no big deal? Hope her oldest doesn't do that again? I know by her reaction she took my request to talk to her oldest about it as a joke.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Lizardannie1966
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Grin and nod.

In other words, realize that this woman doesn't aspire to the same parenting philosophies that you do and while you'll be cautious during future sleep-overs at their home, to keep things cordial and polite when you both see each other for whatever reason.

lmscm
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:33 PM
Quoting Lizardannie1966:

Grin and nod.

In other words, realize that this woman doesn't aspire to the same parenting philosophies that you do and while you'll be cautious during future sleep-overs at their home, to keep things cordial and polite when you both see each other for whatever reason.

I agree.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)