• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

And so it begins

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:32 AM
  • 45 Replies

So Colorado and Washington made recreation use of marijuana legal.  I know, it is ONLY suppose to be used in the privacy of one's home.  Yeah, like firearms aren't suppose to be on school grounds.  Anyway here is the story, man in Vancouver Washington arrested after killing a pedestrian for driving under the influence of marijuana (technically he is charged with DUI).  Oh yeah, legalizing it was a GREAT idea.

http://www.kptv.com/story/20368360/driver-charged-with-dui-marijuana-after-deadly-crash-in-vancouver

Full disclosure - if you read the account, the man who stepped into traffic, did just that, he stepped into traffic.  However it was a well lit intersection with traffic lights.  The driver, being impaired didn't help the situation at all.

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this
/popcorn.

Are the stoner moms even up at this hour?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:33 AM

I knew it was only a matter of time. 

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:34 AM
4 moms liked this

Like with any drug a person can take advantage over do it and make a horrible mistake. Honestly that guy would have been getting high and driving regardless of the legality of it. 

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:35 AM

ya cause stoner moms don't have to get kids  to school or work a job or anything productive. We all just sit around burning bowls.. O.o  lolol 

Quoting Anonymous:

/popcorn.

Shabbydoll78
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Well damn...that's terrible. Driving under the influence of anything is horribly irresponsible. It's a shame when it happens. But the truth of the matter is, that cat probably would have been stoned despite a marijuana ban. Just like people found booze during prohibition. Legislating morality is really tough, given the human condition.

On a side note, Im from Vancouver Washington. I dont currently live there, but I grew up around the area.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:37 AM

wow. i'm pretty sure it has the 'do not drive/operate heavy machinary while on this drug'... yet you see people still taking medicine and still driving.

same with drinking.

PEOPLE are already stupid- its not the drug that makes them stupid.

Master_Debater
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:37 AM
Exactly.

Quoting brettsmomma:

Like with any drug a person can take advantage over do it and make a horrible mistake. Honestly that guy would have been getting high and driving regardless of the legality of it. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShanesMommy2012
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Sure am. Been up since 4am.

Quoting Anonymous:

/popcorn.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mary841108
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:39 AM
blue_elephant
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:39 AM
Regardless if it was legal or not he still would have been getting high.
Legalizing marijuana created a tax that wasn't there before, same as alcohol and cigarettes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)