Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I text?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:42 AM
  • 36 Replies

My sister and I aren't close. Getting that out there.

I just saw on Facebook that she is no longer "married", she's now "single". I want to ask her if she's okay. Yay or nay?

ETA: I've made all attempts in the past to contact her, and they typically go ignored. I haven't even gotten a "Happy Birthday" out of her. She's 19 and very immature. She's even stopped talking to our dad. I don't want to get pushed away. I say text because we've never talked on the phone and I figured texting would be a quicker way to find out if she would even bother responding.

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ninjascreenname
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:43 AM
3 moms liked this
Yay- she's still your sister
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
capfelbeck
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:43 AM
Yay
jbirdsladie27
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:43 AM
Yes
ErikaRobin
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Would you want her in your life now or are you just curious to know how it ended?

CorpCityGrl
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Yes - she's still your sister.  Even if you aren't close, it doesn't hurt to reach out.

dbrown1989
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:44 AM

yay. I wasn't close with my sister until she went through a divorce. She will probably appreciate you being there for her.

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Yes

jillbailey26
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:44 AM

I think that's a good way to start out a conversation, since you're distant.  Maybe ask if she's okay and if it would be okay if you called her.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:44 AM
Yes. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nerdymom28
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:44 AM

It honestly depends on your relationship; I don't know anything about her, you, or how you two get along. I don't know enough about the situation to tell you one way or another.

That being said; my sister and I aren't close either, but if she were going through a rough time I would definitely call and check in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)