Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Scoliosis

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
I have a 34 degree thoracic curve and 25 degree lumbar curve. I haven't had any back pain until after I got pregnant. Then after I had the baby it has been gettting worse and worse. I am 21 and LO is 4 months.
When I went to the dr he didn't even look at my previous X-rays n just said after 40 degrees is when they will start looking into surgery.
He was no help.

Anyone have scoliosis? What's ur curvature degree? Did u have surgery? Did u have any back pain?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Katrina316
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:57 AM
I have Sherman's scoliosis. This affects the muscles around my spine so my spine isn't directly affected and doesn't curve. During labor my back hurt so much that I didn't feel the contractions. It sucks big time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
towerjunkie1989
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:01 AM
My mom has it pretty bad. She has pain pills and muscle relaxers. She's lived with it so long that she blocks out the pain.

My daughter started out at 55+ degrees. She's been in a cast since 8 months old and is two now. Some time next year we get to move to a brace. She is at 18 degrees out of cast
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:26 AM
Oh wow. I've never heard of that.

Quoting Katrina316:

I have Sherman's scoliosis. This affects the muscles around my spine so my spine isn't directly affected and doesn't curve. During labor my back hurt so much that I didn't feel the contractions. It sucks big time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:26 AM
Oh my goodness! She had it from birth??? Poor baby!

Quoting towerjunkie1989:

My mom has it pretty bad. She has pain pills and muscle relaxers. She's lived with it so long that she blocks out the pain.

My daughter started out at 55+ degrees. She's been in a cast since 8 months old and is two now. Some time next year we get to move to a brace. She is at 18 degrees out of cast

eesmommy
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:31 AM
I went to a chiropractor.... 52 adjustments later and 1,000$ no curve for 13 years. No pain, no surgery, you would never know I had it.
DS age 7 has a slight curve so we are doing chiropractic care, two adjustments later and its nearly gone, 6 more weeks of once a week and then we go to once a month for 6 months and then every six months ... We will be shelling out 500$ since he is a child and our chiropractor gives discounts for kiddos.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:33 AM

I only have a slight curve. I don't know the degree I was just told as a teenager that I have a slight curvature. I do have chronic back pain, but I fell down a flight of stairs when I was 8 months pregnant and up until then I had no problems with my back, so I assume the fall is the cause and not the curve.

towerjunkie1989
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:41 AM
Yes. Progressive infantile scoliosis. It would have killed her because it was pressing on her lungs. It just kept getting worse. She gets sponge baths and can't play in sand or swim. It really sucks. I will post a picture

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh my goodness! She had it from birth??? Poor baby!

Quoting towerjunkie1989:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
towerjunkie1989
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this

This is my baby in her cast
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:04 PM
Oh your poor baby girl. :(

Quoting towerjunkie1989:

This is my baby in her cast

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:12 PM
How do adjustments work?

Quoting eesmommy:

I went to a chiropractor.... 52 adjustments later and 1,000$ no curve for 13 years. No pain, no surgery, you would never know I had it.

DS age 7 has a slight curve so we are doing chiropractic care, two adjustments later and its nearly gone, 6 more weeks of once a week and then we go to once a month for 6 months and then every six months ... We will be shelling out 500$ since he is a child and our chiropractor gives discounts for kiddos.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN