Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

husband is an a**

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Ok so this is the textfrom my husband i woke up to this morning....make sure u work out hard today ur starting to gain...really??? i have been dieting and working out so hard this yr have lost 50 lbs and i have been up and down in weight but not much like 3 or 5 lbs here and there...and he has gained at least 60 ....why r men such a**holes???!!! and btw Im about to get my monthly so Im bloated...ugh how to be a good support system jerk wad

edit...
to all the ladies being supportive cuz i needed to vent thank u..to all others Im happy that ur husbands r sooo perfect
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:55 AM
Replies (51-53):
tlcory
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh wow, that is just rude! Explain to him positive reinforcement does more than negative texts! I'm sure you look beautiful as it is, men can be so insensitive at times! 

AutymsMommy
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Wise words, as usual, Jill.

OP - if he isn't usually like this, take it small bites. My husband is NOT an a*shole... at all. He's wonderful, but even HE suffers from foot-in-mouth syndrome at times.

The other night we were in bed talking about the day; he proceeded to lay his head on my rear (I was on my stomach) and said something to the effect of, "I love that you have a bit of fluff back there now - much softer". He look oblivious when I smacked him (playfully) on his shoulder and said "butthead!". He sincerely thought he was complimenting me. Completely oblivious to that I'm still fighting 10 lbs of post-baby weight since the birth of our last. He thinks I look fine and often comments on it - I don't. Foot in mouth - but no actual harm meant.

Quoting jillbailey26:

I'd text back with something like "What does that mean?" to see what he really meant.  Then either fly off the handle or not fly off the handle from there, lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Idk ....he's usually pretty supportive but i guess he has a bug up his ass today

Quoting jillbailey26:

Could he be joking?  Is he normally like that?

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Love060708kids
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:41 AM

That would hurt my feelings :(

Congrats on your weightloss!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)