• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To the poster who posted the pic of bites on their child READ THIS

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:02 AM
  • 14 Replies

YOU HAVE BED BUGS no need for a dr you need past control!!!! When I saw the pic it are the same type of bites my daughter has that we thought were flea bites, Last night we found live bed bugs!!!! We are so mad we have been in the house a month!!!!! My poor daughter is the only one who seems to be being affected right now, not sure if we are all getting bit and shes just reacting different the research I did last night said some people DO NOT have a reaction even when bitten! and if there is anyone that has legal knowledge for my situation I will explain more message me or let me know in the replies if you might be able to offer legal advice with rentals and such, basically the bed bugs were already there when we moved in last month! We now know the landlord knew! and he is saying we have to pay to treat it because it is our problem!!! We just got brand new 1900 dollar couches!!!! a brand new matress everything! That if this is not treated we have to get rid of!!!!! How can we get him to treat it, can we with hold rent from him to pay for it ourselves or are we completely screwed!!!

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:04 AM
What does your lease say?
AmaliaD
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:07 AM

i believe the only thing that kills bed bugs is extreme heat - thats why you see outbreaks in ohio (where i live and that area)  because its cooler here -   the people i know who had their house treated for bed bugs (i havent been back- im scared of their house now)  said the exterminator turned the heat up to the top of the register and had to leave it super hot for three days.   no one coudl go in and out.   no chemicals needed.   

if you cant prove the bugs were there when you moved in -   he can easily say you caused it -  just like if you got ants or roaches - its at your cost to remove them. 

mommie2twogirls
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:09 AM

it says we have to provide pest control but we have proof he knew that bed bugs were a problem before we signed the lease, and he mentioned it to us AFTER we moved everything in, hell if he had told us before hand we would have treated it before we moved our stuff in, when he mentioned it he said the past tenants claimed there were bed bugs but they had a lot of pets and he thought it was just fleas

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Chemicals can. We did it, bombed the house and sprayed the bed. We where going on vacation. Kept the AC off as well , never had a issue with them again. 

Quoting AmaliaD:

i believe the only thing that kills bed bugs is extreme heat - thats why you see outbreaks in ohio (where i live and that area)  because its cooler here -   the people i know who had their house treated for bed bugs (i havent been back- im scared of their house now)  said the exterminator turned the heat up to the top of the register and had to leave it super hot for three days.   no one coudl go in and out.   no chemicals needed.   

if you cant prove the bugs were there when you moved in -   he can easily say you caused it -  just like if you got ants or roaches - its at your cost to remove them. 

cutebaby06
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree, I thought she has bed bugs too, but could you please use periods in your post?

mommie2twogirls
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:15 AM

there is a company here tht does a heat treatment we looked it up, but it will be easy to prove we didn't bring them in we have been there a month and i was staying with my parents and he was staying with his parents and neither of our parents houses have them and as i said the furniture is brand new, and my daughter didnt have any bites or anything until we moved in the house, we thought it was a flea problem too because we had seen some fleas but last night we killed a bed bug

Quoting AmaliaD:

cyork2
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:25 AM
We went through the exact same thing. ds started to get bites, his doc said it was just a rash from drool. then I got them terrible on my arm and my doc said it was exzema. A week later I noticed bugs in curtains and behind pictures, I googled them and found out it was bed bugs. We just moved into the apartment a month before, and the leasing office said it was our responsibility because we didnt notice them when we first moved in. A longer story short, we broke the lease and will be going to court. It's rediculous, I'm sorry youre going through this as well. Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommie2twogirls
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Quoting cyork2:

We went through the exact same thing. ds started to get bites, his doc said it was just a rash from drool. then I got them terrible on my arm and my doc said it was exzema. A week later I noticed bugs in curtains and behind pictures, I googled them and found out it was bed bugs. We just moved into the apartment a month before, and the leasing office said it was our responsibility because we didnt notice them when we first moved in. A longer story short, we broke the lease and will be going to court. It's rediculous, I'm sorry youre going through this as well. Good luck!

i dont want to and cant afford to get all new furniture again!

mommie2twogirls
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:30 AM

nope i refuse..... i hate periods

Quoting cutebaby06:

I agree, I thought she has bed bugs too, but could you please use periods in your post?

mommie2twogirls
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:30 AM

also SHE doesn't have bed bugs your home has bed bugs

Quoting cutebaby06:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)