Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why do some girls procreate? (long, sorry!)

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:03 AM
  • 2 Replies
So, I know this "woman" (we will call her A) who is about 34 weeks pregnant who is constantly looking for handouts and its really starting to piss me off! A is in her early 20's and knows who the baby daddy is but because he didnt want the baby the moment she told him she was pregnant she will now have nothing to do with him. He really wants the baby now and wants to help support him and her and she isnt having any of it. She isnt letting him go to the birth, wont let him sign the bc and isnt going to let him see his son until she is ordered to by the courts. She has WIC, food stamps and is putting the baby on MaineCare (which means they will have to do a paternity test through the state because they have to know who the father is for state insurance and baby daddy will be odered to reimburse the state for the paternity test when they find that he's the father!) She lives with her grandparents who are very happy they get to be in the babies life but she says she needs all this help because she doesnt WANT to live there. She posted on a facebook page I'm on for moms that she needed help and had no where to go and people were telling her about shelters and half way houses and the works and the ONLY posts she responded to were the ones saying "I have infant clothes I could give you if your in need" or "Oh I can give you this formula"

Obviously the other moms caught onto this and started digging. We are all on another fb site that we can sell/buy things on like baby clothes and toys, ect. and we found that she just picked up a $75 ipod and had numerous posts looking for game systems and whatnot! When people started questioning her she got angry and left the group. After a couple months she rejoined and she just posted that she is in great need of free diapers because she has none and her son will be born in 6 weeks. Just LAST WEEK she was saying how she just got great deals on some movies and video games!!!! Wtf?!?

She has no job and didnt have one even before getting pregnant. She lives with her grandparents so she doesnt have to pay rent or utilities, all her food is paid for by the state and her medical is paid in full by the state as well yet she has no money to get anything for her baby (but has money for stuff for herself)!

Sorry for the long post. Do you know anyone like this? Do you think theres anyway to help her get her head out of her ass before this poor baby is born?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
bear.katten
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:07 AM
Haha oh yea and she had a post not too long ago talking about how her boyfriend makes her feel like shit because she's pregnant and doesnt want to have sex with her now that she's big (NOT the baby daddy but another guy!)!! I'm just dumbfounded!! Like, "Really?!?! Your having sex with another guy while pregnant with the a different guys baby?!?" nice! Ugh, girls these days!
bear.katten
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:56 AM
Bumpity bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)