• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

question about potato.......

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:13 AM
  • 17 Replies

i am learning to make American dish and i ma now making parmesan chicken which i ma now a pro at and bake potatoes and last time i made the potatoes they had no salt so i just cut the potatoes and put them in salt water added with pepper and some garlic powder. but my question is do i suppose to put them in salt water or not and can that surely add salt to them? i need so quick answer i am making earlier dinner and lunch because i have class at 3:30 pm so i am starting my cooking now so someone please help. i am breaking away from my ethnic cooking it is too expensive.

ps: they have been soaking so like 10 minutes already. i am planning on leaving them for 30 minutes before baking them under the stove.

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lynnd4
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:14 AM
I would salt the water.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
shivasgirl
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:15 AM

baked potatoes are just baked in the oven and salt is added after they are done, along with butter, sour cream or whatever you like...if you are making mashed potatoes, boilin water until tender, then mash with milk and butter, adding salt to taste...just out of curiosity, what is your ethnicity?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:16 AM
What kind of potatoes are you making?

When I boil potatoes, I never add salt to the water. I add all seasoning after they are cooked.
ceo-mom
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:18 AM

i  am not boiling them i am baking them and not sure if i should do salt and peper?

Quoting Anonymous:

When I boil potatoes, I never add salt to the water. I add all seasoning after they are cooked.

ceo-mom
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:19 AM

i got them from stop and shop they call russet potatoes i guess.

Quoting ceo-mom:

i  am not boiling them i am baking them and not sure if i should do salt and peper?

Quoting Anonymous:

ceo-mom
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:19 AM

we are Haitians

Quoting shivasgirl:

baked potatoes are just baked in the oven and salt is added after they are done, along with butter, sour cream or whatever you like...if you are making mashed potatoes, boilin water until tender, then mash with milk and butter, adding salt to taste...just out of curiosity, what is your ethnicity?

sugareemommee
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:20 AM
Yes add salt and pepper after they bake
ninjakids
by Christina on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:21 AM
If you are baking potatoes you dont have to boil them in water.
ceo-mom
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:21 AM

but thanks for the mashed potatoes reciipes now i know how to make them. my daughther love mashed potatoes.

Quoting ceo-mom:

we are Haitians

Quoting shivasgirl:

ceo-mom
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:22 AM

yeas i am not boiling them. i hope i did not mentioned boiling in my post. lol

Quoting ninjakids:

If you are baking potatoes you dont have to boil them in water.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)