Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do any of you actually go to that church? Or know someone who does?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:15 AM
  • 64 Replies

I'm talking about that crazy ass "chult", WBC...the one who does the funeral protests and other such fuckery.

I know someone in here has to...as many crazy overzealous Bible thumpers that are in here?

*This is not meant as a "dig" at Christianity. I'm not anything. I'm just me, but I support your right to believe what you want,a s long as you're not hurting others. This is clearly not the case at WBC, so they can suck it, and so can anyone who gets mad*

Cmon, Cmon, Cmon...I want you to convince me that harrassing a persons family during a time of grief is not only appropriate, but smiled upon by your God.If you wanna type mean shit on CM, do it...I do, this is the internet...if you don't like it, don't read it. But I would even be quiet and respectful at Ann Coulter's funeral....and that is one vile bitch.

Just a tip...you can get on tv and get attention by doing something way less offensive if that's your goal. Topless Taco Tuesdays in the Fellowship Hall would definitely make the headlines here.

-If for any reason you feel an urge to correct my grammar, spelling, or punctuation, please suppress this urge. You are not important enough to me to spend time editing before I post.  I will just laugh at you-

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sasha-
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Alot of extreme bible thumpers that I know are ashamed of that church.  God is truly about love  not hate, they are glad when soldiers die, glad when babies die?  I cannot fathom how that could be ok on any level.

I think they have a right to protest because they are Americans.  They make me literally sick to my stomache.  If I truly ever thought I could hate anyone  it would be them.

Fields456
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:37 AM
Nope thank god I don't personally know anyone who attends that cult
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WesternNYmom
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:39 AM

I don't know anyone who attends WBC, thankfully.  Most of my relatives attend church, but they all agree that the people in WBC do not represent true Christians.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Our family is mainly Baptist and some of them are super religious bible thumpers who I feel are a bit extreme but even they cringe when talkning about WBC and they hate that they try to pass themselves off as Baptist!

JadsW
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:41 AM
2 moms liked this
The only members of that church are Phelpses. It's not, like, an actual church that OTHER people attend. It's just Freddy's fucked up fam.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kidlover2
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:43 AM
I'm a Baptist. I go to church when I can. I disagree vehemently with WBC. I am pro-choice and voted for gay marriage. Just like you can't fit atheists and agnostics in a box, you can't do it to Christians.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Dee0886
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:44 AM

These people are as far from christitans as i've ever seen. I'm not a religious person in any way but I don't know any christians this bad. If I knew people that go to that church...I wouldn't know them anymore. I honestly believe they have gone too far and we are about to see that "churches" downfall.

taramac
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:45 AM
I think they have less than 100 "members" and they are all related (probably lots of inbreeding).
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Babujai
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:47 AM

No and no.  As a Christian I'm embarrassed by that church.  It makes me so mad that some people will actually take their hatred and fear-mongering as an example of what the rest of us believe.

Dee0886
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this

thats the way it use to be. now they have "chapters" in different states. They aren't very popular and there arent many members..but they've spred the hate like herpes

Quoting JadsW:

The only members of that church are Phelpses. It's not, like, an actual church that OTHER people attend. It's just Freddy's fucked up fam.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)