Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my kids school doesn't have locks on their classroom doors

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:19 AM
  • 2 Replies
I got a message from my a school district superintendent last night.

They are updating the schools emergency protocols if a shooter were to go to one of the schools.

I'm glad they are doing something, I really am, but in the school my children go to they have no locks on any of the classroom doors, none! Shouldn't they have at least had locks so when they are in lock down they can lock their classroom doors?

I'm glad they are updating, but damn, did it really need to wait til this tragedy to do so? When I was in HS there was a threat (it was more like a plan that was never carries out because they were caught before they had a chance to execute) but I mean did it really need what happened in newtown, to open their eyes about their safety protocols?

Not to mention the threat of a bomb at the Jr high and middle school.

My kids school goes from k-5 its not unlikely for a fifth grader to try pulling something like this, kids are relentless, and all it takes is somebody to hit their breaking point for them to snap. And since it isn't possible to take care of every bully, shouldn't there be damn good protocols in place already, meaning LOCKING DOORS ON ALL CLASSROOMS?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
blue_elephant
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:20 AM
Carried*
blue_elephant
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:32 AM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)