Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

he started opening presents!

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:35 AM
  • 11 Replies
Last night I got all the Christmas presents wrapped and put under the tree. I was up until about 2 doing it. Well this morning I woke up and the kids were still asleep like always, so I decide to go take a shower. Well while I'm in the shower DS wakes up...and decides to start opening presents! He got one DVD open and a toy. Did I punish him? No. Did I yell at him? No. The smile on his face was just too adorable and I couldn't get mad. He is 3 1/2 and DD is 4 will be 5 next month.

I also let DD open one of hers too just to avoid that fight.

So go ahead bash away. The look on my DS face was priceless
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elizabg
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:37 AM

I'm glad you didn't punish him.  He is still too little to understand that it is not Christmas yet.  I don't put wrapped presents under the tree until Christmas morning because the temptation is too great for my little ones.  

LizzyPookey1248
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:47 AM
I had to get out the calendar and show him when Christmas is. He told me he was sad because I would not let him open his presents. I told him if he opens them all now what will he open on Christmas. He said ok and told me that he wanted some breakfast and to watch the movie he opened lol.

Quoting elizabg:

I'm glad you didn't punish him.  He is still too little to understand that it is not Christmas yet.  I don't put wrapped presents under the tree until Christmas morning because the temptation is too great for my little ones.  

BethRae
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:47 AM
That's why we keep ours in a closet til Christmas Eve!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:49 AM

no thats what i wouldve done now go hide the rest in your trunk like i do

xixCandyxix
by Candy on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Oh boy just wait for the Santa-bashing cuz you put the presents there early and santa didn't do it christmas eve...

LizzyPookey1248
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:50 AM
I thought about it but figured oh they'll be ok it's only a week. I guess I was wrong! Lol.

Quoting BethRae:

LizzyPookey1248
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Santa doesn't wrap presents here. The ones under the tree are from me. Santa brings unwrapped toys on Christmas eve.

Quoting xixCandyxix:

Oh boy just wait for the Santa-bashing cuz you put the presents there early and santa didn't do it christmas eve...

Mom2five87
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:53 AM

That's no fun. lol

Quoting LizzyPookey1248:

Santa doesn't wrap presents here. The ones under the tree are from me. Santa brings unwrapped toys on Christmas eve.

Quoting xixCandyxix:

pregnancy week by week

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

BethRae
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:00 AM
Lol yeah my kids would have wrapping paper everywhere within an hour lol

Quoting LizzyPookey1248:

I thought about it but figured oh they'll be ok it's only a week. I guess I was wrong! Lol.

Quoting BethRae:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LizzyPookey1248
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this
That's just the way my family has always done it. When I was a kid and now with my kids. Presents from people are wrapped and Santa presents are brought out Christmas eve.

Besides I suck at wrapping.

Quoting Mom2five87:

That's no fun. lol

Quoting LizzyPookey1248:

Quoting xixCandyxix:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)