Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I wish i didnt have health insurance

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

Sometimes i think im lucky to have health insurance, then i realize it would be less costly if i just lived off what the government offers. I have severe depression and anxiety, i dont want meds, i want therapy. But even with my insurance it would cost me more than i can afford to get it. When i was in college with no isurance there was all kinds of help out there. Now, no one will help because i have insurance. Untill i meet a $500 deductable, insurance does nothing. At over $200 a month for weekly therapy, it would take just over 2 months to meet. Which we cannot afford. Oh well. Maybe ill look into cancelling for me and get free help from the government. Maybe ill divorce my husband and get welfare and food stamps too! 

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
macbudsmom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:51 AM

I know the feeling.  Hope things get better for you soon.

Supervane
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:53 AM
Wanna trade insurances then, I have a personal policy it covers mental health I need maternity coverage to have another baby... in my state private policies don't cover maternity.

I tell my DH in just gonna say he left me to, and I'll just be another latina single mom on assistance
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Your deductible is only $500 and you're complaining why?? Mine is $3000 and I pay about $90 per month for medical insurance.

Also, if you really have severe anxiety and depression then you will need to get on medication. Even if it's only temporary. I have severe depression, anxiety, PTSD and agoraphobia. I am on Zoloft which without insurance costs only $15. And I have Xanax that I take as needed which is around $20 without insurance. You can find places that will do therapy on a sliding fee scale. Most cities have them. You spend more in therapy for one month than you would on medication for one month.

Sounds like you're complaining about things that there are solutions for. Do your research and get on medication before it gets too bad!!

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:49 PM

We had a high deductible plan one year and had to meet a 2k limit before it kicked in. Keep complaining.

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:50 PM

I have severe PTSD and generalized anxiety disorder and I'm not on meds. They aren't necessary. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Your deductible is only $500 and you're complaining why?? Mine is $3000 and I pay about $90 per month for medical insurance.

Also, if you really have severe anxiety and depression then you will need to get on medication. Even if it's only temporary. I have severe depression, anxiety, PTSD and agoraphobia. I am on Zoloft which without insurance costs only $15. And I have Xanax that I take as needed which is around $20 without insurance. You can find places that will do therapy on a sliding fee scale. Most cities have them. You spend more in therapy for one month than you would on medication for one month.

Sounds like you're complaining about things that there are solutions for. Do your research and get on medication before it gets too bad!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:51 PM
Let's trade! I just had to meet a $3000 deductiible in the span of 2 months after an ER trip and emergency surgery, and that was in network. And the year resets in Jan so next year I get to pay another $3k to be taken care of. $500 sounds incredibly reasonable.
mas2124
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this

...This always confuses me. As an adult who has not had health insurance for at least 10 of the last 13 years...The only time I was able to get assistance was while I was pregnant. And we were low income, eligable for other sorts of welfare.

Go back to feeling blessed that you have insurance. It's scary without.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Not for everyone but I have severe physical symptoms that require medication. Just the way her post sounds makes me think that medication is necessary for her even if it's just temporary.

Quoting wkukid:

I have severe PTSD and generalized anxiety disorder and I'm not on meds. They aren't necessary. 

Quoting Anonymous:

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:04 PM

I agree that she needs them because she cants seek therapy, but that's the only reason.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not for everyone but I have severe physical symptoms that require medication. Just the way her post sounds makes me think that medication is necessary for her even if it's just temporary.

Quoting wkukid:

Quoting Anonymous:

TAG_ur_it
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:06 PM

we pay over $300 a month on insurance and we can't afford the $50 copay to use the fucking thing.  plus we can't cancel until june.  fucking ridiculous.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)