Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Husband left daughter and I personality change? a bit long please read. I need help!?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies

He was a very hands on loving caring dad and husband, one day he changed. He cheated on me with a woman 20 years older. started hanging out with 20 year olds. changed his way of dressing. now he's sleeping around. He's Cold. He tried to leave us on the street. took all the money out the account, turned off utilities. left me with no car. closed me out the credit cards.

He always paid his bills and obeyed the law. Now he ignore court orders. He loved his little girl she was a daddies girl. Now he acts like he hates her and shows little interest. He was very generous before. Now he won't pay his court ordered support. He's raged at me and is always angry. He is always doing vengeful underhanded and sneaky things to me. He's shown up at my house trying to get in my house and I had to call the cops.

I have caught him driving by my house and I live in a gated community He's been deployed 4 times and is a medic. I think he has PTSD. He wants me to pay for something but I don't get it .I wasn't perfect but my baby and I didn't deserve what he has done and doing. It's like he stopped caring overnight.

He said he wanted to be free, now he's free so why is he so Angry?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:24 AM
Wow. Is he still active duty? Is there a way you could contact his CO and get him help? Other than that, I don't know...... Restraining order?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Oh the old "go straight to his command" comments. No, the command has better things to do then force her dh to love her and her little girl.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:26 AM

get him some help he needs therapy start with a restraining order if he scares you

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:26 AM

How is he getting inside your gated community?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Big Hugs,

Im sorry to hear all that you are going through.  It does sound like he is dealing with something that could very well be PTSD.  Is there a chance that he could have been injured while deployed, such as a traumatic brain injury?

abowens12
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:28 AM

I would say PTSD or drugs.. When my husband came home he had PTSD bad, but it didn't take him over the edge like that. I would get him into some thearpy and fast before he just loses it more then he already has.. Good Luck momma.

Saille717
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Sounds like you need a restraining order.  Whatever caused his personality to change isn't your problem anymore.  Report to the courts when payments are missed, make sure there's a restraining order in place for harrassment and no contact, and hope that eventually he gets whatever help he needs.  Could be PTSD, or it could be drugs, or other mental illness, you just don't know. 

Sunshine2plus2
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Honestly my first thoughts were drugs! Thats how my brother actually towards family when he got on Meth!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:30 AM
2 moms liked this
My point was get him some fucking help for his obvious mental issues. I firmly believe the military fails veterans who come home with issues. How many vets need to commit suicide, or ruin their lives until the VA and the chain of command pay attention? They give so much for our country and then are left to suffer. It's disgusting.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh the old "go straight to his command" comments. No, the command has better things to do then force her dh to love her and her little girl.

CorpCityGrl
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:32 AM

He needs help fast.  It could very well be PTSD and if left untreated, it could get worse and worse.  Take him to court in regards to any support and try to stage some kind of intervention to get him help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)