Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I BF'd my granddaughter...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 195 Replies
4 moms liked this
Here's a little bit of my story:

My son and his girlfriend/baby mama split up when she was pregnant with their second daughter. The girlfriend went into depression and started abusing their 5 yo. Needless to say, my son obtained custody. GF was upset and stopped having anything to do with their kids. She didn't even pay CS. My son was on his own with his girls. My son was raised knowing how BF'ing is important in our family.

Coincidentally, I had my dd a month after my granddaughter was born. I was nursing her. My son was going to be struggling financially as it is, and I offered my help and told him I could pump and give feedings. She also wasn't responding well to formula.

And here we are almost a year later. My son is very grateful for what I did for his baby and I feel like I'll have a great bond with my grand baby. :)

I guess I'm posting to ask...do you find situations like this over the top/weird? Also any questions are welcome!
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:58 AM
2 moms liked this
Weird? Yes.
But I don't care. Breast milk is best. Your son is awesome for having an open mind.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:58 AM
Umm okay 0.o
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:59 AM
Gross
mom2ljh
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:00 PM
I think that is wonderful. Sure it's different, but you did what was best WITH parental consent. Kudos to you and your son.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilbit04
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:00 PM
6 moms liked this
It's no different from a wet nurse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
the4mutts
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:00 PM
If its not weird to your son, then its not weird. If you did it without his permission or knowledge, then it would be downright perverse.
But, he knew, he concened, all is good :) you did a sweet thing and I'm glad he appreciates it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mlg1989
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:01 PM
Good for you! Some may think its weird but they've never been in that situation so fuck em.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy690
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Weird? Yes.

But I don't care. Breast milk is best. Your son is awesome for having an open mind.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
got2monsters
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this
thats awesome! and id just like to say, kudos on raising that type of kid (your son), just reading this story makes me proud of him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Ick.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)