Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sex(less) relationship????

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
1 mom liked this

I understand if a couple is in a long term relationship or married and they stop having sex because one is cheating.

Or if they stop having sex because they are miserable with each other.

I totally understand that.

But why do women on here always think the worse?

Why can't a couple be so much in love and head over heels crazy for each other without the sex?

"I value my relationship with my husband to give him sex."

Why can't you value your relationship with your husband without sex?

I'm not looking for a fight, or a argument or anyone attacking me. This isn't about my sex life or how great of relationship I have with my SO.

what about older people (like our great grandparents or our grandparents) who aren't capbale of having sex anymore? does that mean that they love each other any less? does that mean that they value their relationship any less than before?

I just want to know why two people can' t be in love with each other without having sex.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:04 PM

i'm guessing i won't get any responses because i made it clear that no one can attack me.

lol!

angevil53
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this
They can. But a sexless relationship might have more trouble bc a lot of people need sex to feel whole within a relationship. Other's are just very insecure.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LogansMommy0328
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this
You know if you bump your post your not anon anymore.
Of course people can be in love with out constant sex but I think you need the chemistry that makes you want to jump on him lol to make it complete. I think after awhile things may go sour if not
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:10 PM

ok but what if they replace sex with something else(non sexual) to make them feel whole?

is that possible?

i know a women who has been with her boyfriend for over 25 years and they had sex for the first 5 years of their relationship but they stopped. i don't know why they stopped.

but they are still really happy and in love with each other.

i honestly don't know if it's just a cover up because i'm not close to her but she says she is very happy with her boyfriend.

Quoting angevil53:

They can. But a sexless relationship might have more trouble bc a lot of people need sex to feel whole within a relationship. Other's are just very insecure.

mantyangel
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I do think it is possible, but it is rare.  Both parties of the relationship would have to agree they are perfectly ok with that type of relationship and that is rare.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:12 PM

what if you can get chemistry other ways?

Quoting LogansMommy0328:

You know if you bump your post your not anon anymore.
Of course people can be in love with out constant sex but I think you need the chemistry that makes you want to jump on him lol to make it complete. I think after awhile things may go sour if not

702girly
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:15 PM
2 moms liked this

I can't be romantically in love with someone I don't want to have sex with. It just isn't possible. I enjoy sex and I want to have sex with the man I love. If I didn't want to have sex with my husband, we'd have a serious problem. Not because we weren't having sex but because we didn't want to. That would mean something was very wrong.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:15 PM

rare? i could see that being rare.

there was a women on here and she mentioned how her and her husband haven't had sex in over 20 years and they were both happy together.

i try to be open minded so i can understand how a couple could be happy together and be in love with each other and not have sex.

i think when you reach a certain age in your life you stop having sex anyway.

what about the old people who can't have sex anymore. does that mean that they aren't happy together anymore just because they aren't capable of having sex?

Quoting mantyangel:

I do think it is possible, but it is rare.  Both parties of the relationship would have to agree they are perfectly ok with that type of relationship and that is rare.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:16 PM

ok but what if you were just at that point in your life where you two feel completely comfortable with each other that having sex isn't an issue anymore?

Quoting 702girly:

I can't be romantically in love with someone I don't want to have sex with. It just isn't possible. I enjoy sex and I want to have sex with the man I love. If I didn't want to have sex with my husband, we'd have a serious problem. Not because we weren't having sex but because we didn't want to. That would mean something was very wrong.

tifbrown
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I honestly don't know that I could be in a sexless marriage. Maybe if we had problems we were working on or whatever, but if it was just a choice not to I would have a very hard time with it. I love sex, I love my husband, I love having sex with my husband. It's a nice intimate closeness that is only between us. It's special. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)