Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

for the love of pain meds. rant

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
I just had a breast reduction on the 13th less then a week ago... and I am still having some pains... my Dr is telling me that even tho they completely tore apart my boob and put it back togeather again. (Like I was Mrs potato head) that I should be off the pain meds and on to normal tylenol... personally i feel that are crazy... my boobs still hurt.. I will admit not as bad as they did right after the surgery but regular tylenol doesn't help... erg... and to top it I was in the office yesterday and they discovered I had a fluid pocket (cuz they didn't give me the pumps) in my right breast they told me that they had to drain it. Which means they had to shove a GIANT needle in to my breast... they didn't numb it or any thing and they couldn't "find" the pocket so they were digging around with this super think 3 inch long needle it hurt like hell... the nurse kept telling me to hold still was restraining me.. they did this for like 5 mins and finally stopped.. only cuz I was in tears and punched the nurse in the face... so I still have this fluid pocket and according to them it will go away on its own if it would go away on its own why try to drain it??? Ugh!!! Idk... I'm am slightly fed up with it.. Cuz I can hear the fluid in my breast... it sounds like a water balloon partly full of water.... and it freaks me out... well rant done.. I think..
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tifbrown
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Sounds like a great doc you had there... Did they manage to drain it? My friend had a tummy tuck a while ago. She ended up with so much fluid build up that it totally fucked up the job she had done. 7 months later and it still isn't right.

js321
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:03 PM
I had a breast reduction and my goddddd. The worste pain everrrr ! Make sure you take it easy and follow all rules ... I had a lot of problems after it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:09 PM
They didn't manage to drain it..they told me that I do t need to worry about it unless I see it rolling? Idk I have an appointment of Friday I'm gonna ask them about it then.. and as what if it doesn't go away on its own.. and stuff like that

Quoting tifbrown:

Sounds like a great doc you had there... Did they manage to drain it? My friend had a tummy tuck a while ago. She ended up with so much fluid build up that it totally fucked up the job she had done. 7 months later and it still isn't right.

tifbrown
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Good plan. I would make a list of questions and concerns and bring it. But, I get flustered and forget things. Your questions are important, so don't forget any.

Quoting Anonymous:

They didn't manage to drain it..they told me that I do t need to worry about it unless I see it rolling? Idk I have an appointment of Friday I'm gonna ask them about it then.. and as what if it doesn't go away on its own.. and stuff like that

Quoting tifbrown:

beerebelly
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Geez, sorry to hear that. He should give you more pain meds if you need them. Ridiculous.

rebeccab1966
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Quoting js321:

I had a breast reduction and my goddddd. The worste pain everrrr ! Make sure you take it easy and follow all rules ... I had a lot of problems after it.

Ugh!  Was it really bad?  This is something I would love to do, but I keep hearing horror stories!

sheymann
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Is there another doctor you can see??

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:19 PM
I will tell you the pain wasn't as bad as I was expecting it felt more like a burning feeling.. the reason that I still hurt id cuz of the fluid build up.. it was causing my stitches to be pulled on... once the fluid drained a little through the hole they make with the needle it helped with pressure.. I will admit I haven't had to take pain meds since about 11 last night so that's good.

Quoting rebeccab1966:

Quoting js321:

Ugh!  Was it really bad?  This is something I would love to do, but I keep hearing horror stories!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:21 PM
Wait I take that back they didn't manage to drain it with the needle but it did start to drain from the hold they made with the needle lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting tifbrown:

lindilouwho82
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:37 PM

You can blame the overmedication and medication abusers for your doctors hesitance in giving you more meds. Plus, they never want to give more than what "protocol" would suggest for fear of people forming addiction.

Doctors and medical professionals have really had to cut down on prescription pain meds because of abuse and it sucks. I live with horrible pain everyday and had to sign a contract with my primary care and if I break that contract I am screwed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)