Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why not blame

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:06 PM
  • 20 Replies
Video games for shootings. I know they have no evidence that it played a roll in this school shooting but everyone is blaming guns. I can't believe how horrible some of the video games are. They definitely devalue human life. Some even have whores that go down on you?!! Why is this even necessary for entertainment. You know 12 and 13 yr olds are playing these games. Why aren't parents setting some boundaries? Why is this ok even if they are 17 or 25 yrs old? I just can't believe what has become acceptable to our society!
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
..MoonShine..
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:07 PM
I'm pretty sure someone tried that yesterday.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:07 PM
Marilyn Manson did it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:08 PM

There was a heated post about this which was deleted.

winkyloafer
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:08 PM
3 moms liked this
Who is more at fault here: the video game itself or the parent who buys clearly "Rated M" games for young children?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ria7
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:09 PM
[quote name="Traceyssel" id="0"]

Who said Adam Lanza played video games?
I said we have no idea if he did but people want to take away all guns which is extreme. I am wondering what is making people think life's are disposable. I think violent video games play a part in that with our youth.

PeaceLoveZ
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:10 PM
2 moms liked this

Why not stop trying to put blame on things like "mental illnesses" and video games and music and accept the fact that some ppl are just bad ppl who do bad things.

Traceyssel
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Quoting ria7:

[quote name="Traceyssel" id="0"]

Who said Adam Lanza played video games?
I said we have no idea if he did but people want to take away all guns which is extreme. I am wondering what is making people think life's are disposable. I think violent video games play a part in that with our youth.

I'm watching the news right now, and they just said Adam Lanza played Star Craft a lot.

MWV85
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this

most of those games are not allowed to be sold to minors so the parents are the ones buying them.

maybe mom and dad need to do a little research before getting their kids those games

fliptopz4
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:14 PM

How about this, we blame the person who did the act.

alexsmomma06
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:14 PM
This.

Quoting PeaceLoveZ:

Why not stop trying to put blame on things like "mental illnesses" and video games and music and accept the fact that some ppl are just bad ppl who do bad things.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)