• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why is it that we fear Weapons of Mass Destruction...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
From other countries, but we glorify the ones here?

Let some people tell it, guns are more important than our children.

Freedom you say? That's the price of freedom?

When we can't safely send our kids to school, we aren't free in the first place.

And the answer to gun violence is not "arm everyone"...is the answer to drug abuse to provide it to everyone?

I'm just so sick of the culture in this country. We act so superior and try to fix the world's problems when we can't even begin to discuss our own country's problems because of the ideological divide.

You'd think we could come together as a nation over something as tragic as the Sandy Hook Massacre, but instead its "democrats want to take our guns; Republicans want everyone armed".

Just... maybe it is time for the world to end for real. I'm cool either way. Its the only way to start over.

/endrant
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MWV85
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:15 PM

america = politics

youwillknotknow
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:15 PM

I agree with your premise, however, an assault rifle is not a WMD.  Machine guns aren't WMD.  Generally speaking, WMD does not refer to guns or rifles.

That said..

Quote:

.We act so superior and try to fix the world's problems when we can't even begin to discuss our own country's problems because of the ideological divide.
Hurrah! I agree.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:16 PM
Yep and its lame as hell. All politics is about is greed and special interests. Its never been about the people.

Quoting MWV85:

america = politics

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:17 PM
I feel that the definition of WMD, on its face, is any weapon that can cause mass destruction. A semiautomatic rifle can and does cause mass destruction of life in seconds or minutes. How is it not?

Quoting youwillknotknow:

I agree with your premise, however, an assault rifle is not a WMD.  Machine guns aren't WMD.  Generally speaking, WMD does not refer to guns or rifles.

That said..

Quote:

.We act so superior and try to fix the world's problems when we can't even begin to discuss our own country's problems because of the ideological divide.
Hurrah! I agree.

Celtic_Dragon
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:18 PM

instead of blaming guns, why not find what's really making people flip out and want to kill schools worth of children.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:20 PM
I'm not blaming guns, I'm blaming our culture. Guns are large part of our culture, and make killing possible at anyone's fingertips. They are not solely to blame at all, they just make the killing more efficient.

Quoting Celtic_Dragon:

instead of blaming guns, why not find what's really making people flip out and want to kill schools worth of children.

VannaMae307
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Well I don't know about you but biological and chemical warfare, along with nuclear weapons and any kind of bomb, whether manufactured or dirty, scare me. It doesn't matter where they originate from or where they are heading.

Celtic_Dragon
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:23 PM

It might have nothing to do with the culture. It might have everything to do with a chemical used to treat our foods and water. Do you know the history of leaded fuel?

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not blaming guns, I'm blaming our culture. Guns are large part of our culture, and make killing possible at anyone's fingertips. They are not solely to blame at all, they just make the killing more efficient.

Quoting Celtic_Dragon:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Hmm, you make it sound as if this is something that happenes every other day. Oh and what weapon of mass destruction are you refering too? Grenades, missiles, rockets,  Explossives with a payload of toxic chemicals or biological  agent?  There is a lot wrong in this country,  but to compare compare assault rifles to a weapon of mass distruction is making a mountain out of a molehill.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:29 PM
Once again, our culture. We have moved so away from the natural ways of life on this earth, from our modified foods, technology taking away real physical communication, etc. We started down this fucked up path a long time ago.

Quoting Celtic_Dragon:

It might have nothing to do with the culture. It might have everything to do with a chemical used to treat our foods and water. Do you know the history of leaded fuel?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Celtic_Dragon:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)