• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is your OB always overbooked?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
I was supposed to have my first prenatal appointment this morning, however, I had to reschedule because yesterday my wallet fell out in my moms van. I didn't notice until this morning before I left and I couldn't get ahold of her. She lives a 20 minute drive away and I would've been later for my appointment had I went out there.
Anyways, I called and they can't get me in until January 8. At this point I will almost 17 weeks. Ugh.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichelleSw
by CoolStory on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:20 PM
Yes, he was.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Candi_gal
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:21 PM
Do they know that this was a prenatal appt?
They keep slots open for specific appts.
They have to get you in before 17 weeks, I'd either call back because it was a mistake or find a new OB.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Not really, my midwife is pretty good at setting up appointments quickly.

mommytoeandb
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:22 PM
Nope.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:23 PM
Yes, they do. I explained that by January 8 I'd be almost 17 weeks. She told me that there is nothing open because they are overbooked as it is and only do prenatals twice a week.
Why take on new patients then?

Quoting Candi_gal:

Do they know that this was a prenatal appt?

They keep slots open for specific appts.

They have to get you in before 17 weeks, I'd either call back because it was a mistake or find a new OB.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:24 PM
I normally use midwife care but they wouldn't take me because my BMI is too high.

Quoting wkukid:

niki_hubbard
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:25 PM
My ob with dd1 had a minimum of a two hour wait to be seen. I actually never saw him after the birth because I waited three hours in his waiting room, with staff telling me they had no idea when I could be seen. I was six weeks pp, and bf. I was in pain! Needless to say, this time I have a new doctor, and even though she ended up on bedrest, the practice has taken very good careof me, andI never wait more than 15 minutes.
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:25 PM

I feel ya. My doctors office made me lose 30 pounds before I was even allowed to try to get pregnant.

Quoting Anonymous:

I normally use midwife care but they wouldn't take me because my BMI is too high.

Quoting wkukid:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:27 PM
I was in the process of weight lose, I had lost around 20 lbs. Then it was like "SURPRISE!"

Quoting wkukid:

I feel ya. My doctors office made me lose 30 pounds before I was even allowed to try to get pregnant.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting wkukid:

Charliesmommy11
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:30 PM
That's why I switched doctors before I even got pregnant. With the old obgyn if your appointment was as 10 am you better expect to sit there and not be seen till 1pm. With my new obgyn who handled my pregnancy the longest I've ever waited was an hour because he had an emergency c section to do.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)