• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm getting evicted from my house

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 51 Replies
we always paid on time until may when my Asshole roommate decided to move out and not pay her rent that month.that month we paid rent late because we had to wait for his next check.then our bills were late because we didn't have anything left after rent.then next check our rent was late because we didn't have anything left after bills.rinse and repeat.bf has a big check coming the end of December, and i have my school loan refund coming in January.we told our landlord this and he handed us an eviction notice.we have five days to pay, then thirty days to get out.we can't stay with family, no one has room for us.we won't be able to save money for first month and security on a new place.an angel across the street gave us some food because all we had left was rice and chicken.idk what the hell were going to do.please send prayers our way.every time we think we found a plan, it falls through.this had happened three times this week.

any prayers/good vibes would help..
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:41 PM
I'm sorry :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this

In my state you can not be evicted between the months of November to April. check your states laws.

It also Sounds like you got a notice to quit which is kinda like a warning. It means in 30 days he would still have to go file a legal eviction. Seriously check it out It might not be as bad as you think. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Do dont pay rent this month, and move out in 30 days. 

bri2011
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:47 PM
Prayers...maybe if u get the money u need during the 30 day move out period the landlord will accept a payment *fingers crossed*
In the meantime call the salvation army the have an assistance program that helps needy family w rent payments. Start looking for places that don't require first and last mont to move in, perhaps you can find one where security deposit is on special and security deposit is all the money u need to move in.
Go to a food bank for food.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:51 PM
once he goes to the judge wouldn't i have to move immediately then?

Quoting brettsmomma:

In my state you can not be evicted between the months of November to April. check your states laws.

It also Sounds like you got a notice to quit which is kinda like a warning. It means in 30 days he would still have to go file a legal eviction. Seriously check it out It might not be as bad as you think. 

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Now it might not be the same in your state but in mine you would be served a legit eviction notice and that would give you an extra 30 days. But I don't want to give out bad advice so please double check the laws where you live. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting brettsmomma:

MissMysteriouss
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:53 PM
No. Once they go to court, you often have another 30-60 days until you are actually evicted.

Do not panic. Save where you can.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting brettsmomma:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lizardannie1966
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:55 PM

I am so sorry. :(

Is there any type of charity that could help you get caught up? Would the landlord be willing to accept a charity donation on your behalf and let you stay?

((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:55 PM

In my state it takes a good 90 days for the person to actually be out of the house.  It isn't the greatest way to do things, but sometimes you have to.

Lizardannie1966
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:56 PM

It will depend on your state landlord/tenant laws. A lot of states differ on this. Some are more lenient and others are incredibly strict, especially when it comes to non-payment of rent.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting brettsmomma:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)