• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone have any experience with this? Please don't bash

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
H&r block emerald advantage. Basically you can get approved for up to 1000 dollars. It's like a loan. We have hit hard times. Not because of christmas, and we don't need the money for christmas. Something happened with dh and now we need money.
So if you have done this before, how does it work?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Djinn83
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Google is your friend. Check their website.

Exile Island. A fun place with colorful people. Join our fitness forum and participate in our fitness competition.

LyTe684
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Nope. Good luck. BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this

You take all of your paystubs in from January 1st-current. You have to have made at least 10,000 in the past year. They enter all your info into the computer and the H&R block bank decides how much you are approved for or if at all. If you have seriously bad credit or have ALOT of money in collections or owe the IRS anything you will not be approved. On an income of 10,000 a year you will only be loaned about 500-600 dollars. They take the fees out of the money before they give it to you, which will be about 100 dollars. The intrest rate on the loan is 35.6% but as soon as you file your taxes with H&R block (which you HAVE to do if you get a loan) they take the remaining loan balance out of your tax refund including any fees that apply to H&R block filing your taxes. Last year it cost me 176 to file with them and I had an easy return. No property and only 1 paystub, filed single. If you are approved, you get the money before you leave the office which is awesome but the loan is expensive like i explained. Hope this helps

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:58 PM
We do it every year.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)