Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Another question for gun lovers...

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:53 PM
  • 236 Replies
2 moms liked this

I know this is a hot topic right now...as it should be.

Here is my question for those of you who think gun control measures are taking away your "rights"...

Do you support banning individuals from owning bombs? Tanks? Fighter planes? (etc)

If not, what makes gun restrictions any different?

(As you can probably tell, I support greater gun control...I think your "rights" end when I have to live in fear, which diminishes my rights...)

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rgba
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Bump!!

sarah427
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:01 PM
25 moms liked this
Well, not being able to protect myself sufficiently from attackers and intruders diminishes my human right for self preservation and self defense. A tank is meant for mass destruction, and so is a bomb, I only want to maintain my right to protect myself and home, not the ability to wipe out 20 people at one time. A man who is willing to rape, break in, steak, or assault a person is also very likely willing to kill. Or obtain a fire arm illegally. The best deterrent? When they know I'll blow their balls clean off their body before they can hurt me- because I'm armed too, and I WILL protect my own. I've run off intruders, thieves, and a potential rapist already, and never had to pull the trigger, simply because they were scared shitless because I COULD pull the trigger.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:03 PM
15 moms liked this
Um. A gun isn't even on the same scale as a bomb, fighter plane or a tank. You cannot compare.
rgba
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this
So would you support some gun restrictions, then? Like a restriction on AK47s, which you certainly don't need to fight off an intruder?

Quoting sarah427:

Well, not being able to protect myself sufficiently from attackers and intruders diminishes my human right for self preservation and self defense. A tank is meant for mass destruction, and so is a bomb, I only want to maintain my right to protect myself and home, not the ability to wipe out 20 people at one time. A man who is willing to rape, break in, steak, or assault a person is also very likely willing to kill. Or obtain a fire arm illegally. The best deterrent? When they know I'll blow their balls clean off their body before they can hurt me- because I'm armed too, and I WILL protect my own. I've run off intruders, thieves, and a potential rapist already, and never had to pull the trigger, simply because they were scared shitless because I COULD pull the trigger.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rgba
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:06 PM
2 moms liked this
Sure I can compare...I just did!

Many people say they oppose gun restrictions because it takes away their rights to bear arms. But so does banning bombs, missiles, etc.

So my point is that SOME gun restrictions should be okay...

Quoting Anonymous:

Um. A gun isn't even on the same scale as a bomb, fighter plane or a tank. You cannot compare.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:06 PM
Criminals will obtain firearms if they want them. So we should make it as easy as possible for them to do?? Just go to a gun show or the Internet and legal gun dealers/sellers will sell it to them.

Quoting sarah427:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Stupid
AHmom103
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:08 PM
7 moms liked this

Obviously, I don't think individuals should own bombs, tanks or fighter planes. I think the only ones who do think that way are the extremist crazies that commit mass murders.

The difference between the two is all of the things you listed are designed to kill multitudes of people, they have nothing to do with self defense or hunting. It's actually a kind of stupid analogy to make because those things are so far removed from what 99% of law abiding citizens want guns for that they might as well be the proverbial apples and oranges. What is wrong with wanting to be able to defend myself and my family from some drugged up crazy guy that breaks into our home? Or with wanting to be able to hunt so that we can feed our family without having to take government assistance (we actually do use our guns for that purpose)? When you can explain to me how gun control will eliminate the need for self defense, and how I'll be able to feed my family every night without using welfare, maybe I'll change my mind.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:08 PM
I see you did, but it's a ridiculous comparison. A bomb to a gun? Not even the same thing.

Quoting rgba:

Sure I can compare...I just did!

Many people say they oppose gun restrictions because it takes away their rights to bear arms. But so does banning bombs, missiles, etc.

So my point is that SOME gun restrictions should be okay...

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:09 PM
2 moms liked this

ffs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)