Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I wrong?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
Ok so I had a friend live with us for around 4 months so she could get on her feet from a controlling relationship. We don't have a big house so adding 2 people (she has a almost 2 yr old son) really cramped it. But we all gritted our teeth and bared(sp?) It. While she was here we (dh and I) helped her. Paid her phone bill for 2 months, paid for tabs on her car, bought her dinner a # of times (not counting all the meals she ate with us) never asked for a dime from her. Anyways she moved out on Thanksgiving (not a very pretty story). Anyways mail was still coming here (she JUST changed her forwarding address this wk). She picked up 1 set of it but has a couple more that came in the last past wk. She wanted to come this past wkend and get it but I told her I would be in and out all wkend with errands etc. Plus I really didn't want her to come when the kids are home(they really don't get along). Yesterday I had to pick up DH and go to the butcher for my parents when she got out of work so it didn't work. Today I told her I would be home until 4ish if she wanted to come by. She says she has a Dr appt. (she gets out of work at 2:30). And now tells me I'm making this difficult and should mail it to her. Fine I would but I don't have any stamps (i pay everything online) and not sure when I will be getting some. I guess I'm just done and feel we have done enough for her. I really don't want to go out of my way anymore. Am I wrong?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ElitestJen
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Just mark "return to sender" or "not at this address" and let the post office deal with it.

Saille717
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Write -- incorrect address please forward on each envelope and drop them in a public mailbox.  Tell her you put them in the post.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:07 PM
I should but I know they are her insurance cards and I would hate for her to have a huge difficulty getting them if she had to have them

Quoting ElitestJen:

Just mark "return to sender" or "not at this address" and let the post office deal with it.

ElitestJen
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I should but I know they are her insurance cards and I would hate for her to have a huge difficulty getting them if she had to have them

Quoting ElitestJen:

That's not your problem. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:09 PM
Stamps, I think I remember those
RigPrincess85
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Eh, I'd just write in red "Incorrect address, please return to sender" or something along those lines, drop them off at the post and let them deal with it.  :)

bjsgrl
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:10 PM
You aren't wrong. However, I would just send it to her and be done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:10 PM

I'd mail them to her. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:10 PM

you were more than a good friend now its time for her to take care of stuff  put return to sender on

RigPrincess85
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Quoting ElitestJen:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ElitestJen:

That's not your problem. 

I agree.  If it was that important she would have notified the insurance office sooner.  Not your problem chica.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)