Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If your husband hit you...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 91 Replies
You and the father of your children are in a heated argument. Your husband/SO is a calm person, is a GREAT father and partner,-and you have been together for YEARS. He has never hit you before until one day he snaps and hits you once.

He is instantly sorry. He begs for your forgiveness and wishes he had never hit you and promises he won't ever do again.

Do you give him a second chance? Or call it quits?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:06 PM
9 moms liked this
I'd get his ass and mine in counseling and decide from there
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Exactly.  

Quoting Roxygurl:

I'd get his ass and mine in counseling and decide from there

ElitestJen
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:07 PM

I'd probably be so shocked, I'd laugh.

purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Well after my wife picks herself up off the floor from me hitting back, we would sit down and discuss it and probably contact her therapist for an immediate session.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:08 PM
4 moms liked this

deviljrswifey
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:08 PM
Id hit him back and tell him he better never lay a hand on me again like that or ill be pressing charges.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sparklebug86
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this

nope thats the end. He could have walked away but did something else instead. It a slippery slope

Shani527
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this
quite. I was in a relationship like that. it only got worse. so my advice is from personal experience but o will never do that again. it started after his gma died and I found out I was pregnant. I excused him bc of his loss and stress at work and finding out I was pregnant. but ot just got easier and easier for him to hit me and the excusrs more like hom telling me "you made me do it" one of the last times he hit me I fell into the corner of the cabnits and blood running down my face, the kids had woke up and saw me dripping blood everywhete. I got my ducks in a row and a week later I left.

ot was a 6yr relatuonship, two kids ages 4 and 2. started happening when I was prego w bum. 1
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Master_Debater
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:10 PM
He'd be going to therapy or no 2nd chances.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bitterroot
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:10 PM

First, I'd make him leave the house, then I'd get us into counseling, and IF counseling goes well and he shows signs of remorse and regret AND changed behavior, then I'd try one more time...maybe.

But usually, if a man hits a woman, he's already escalated beyond a point of no return.  Plus, if a man hits a woman, he's probably already verbally abusive.

So in thinking this through...I'd be done.  That'd be it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)