• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My confession, Every night when my son gets his bath....

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:05 PM
  • 25 Replies

My son will be three in january. He loves bath time! It's like clock work each night, and now he is telling me when it's time for bath, because the routine is so set in place :)

He's great while in the bath, first we wash him ( he helps wash his self, I just make sure that things are actually getting cleaned & rinsed). After he is done washing, I sit there are the bathroom floor right next to the tub and let him play for about 20-25 minutes. And I play along with him, he has several different bath time toys, and he plays with different ones each night.

Anywyas, lately it's been difficult to get him OUT of the tub. He just wants to stay in there forever!

My confession is this, I've found a way to get him out of the tub, after he has been washed and played for 20-25 minutes... When he isn't looking, I put a little bit of cinnamon in the water, when he see's the cinnamon he automatically wants to get out of the tub.

part of me does feel bad for doing this, but it's the ONLY way I can get him out of the tub. If I just try to pick him up, he does the limpy flop and it's not easy or possible to pick up a wet slippery toddler lol

Anyone else have any tricks they use to get their child out of the tub?

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EmBoogRaysMommy
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:07 PM

What's up with the Cinnamon? Why is he scared of it? I just pull the plug on the tub and take it w me. When the water is all gone they get cold and want to get out.

SavdNSanctified
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:09 PM
I drain the water and start counting to 3. They get out before I say 3 =)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hismommy2010
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:10 PM

I figured out that he doesn't like things like that in the tub when I purchased colored kids bath fizzies. he freaked out when I put it in the tub, and got out right away. So I figured that If I put something similar in the tub , he will get out....

I have pulled the plug, and he doesn't care. He just lays down in the tub and refuses to get out. Again, it's not that easy to pick up a toddler who is wet, and playing limp, or kicking and thrashing because he wants to stay in the tub....

Mommyof2n0308
by Marissa on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:10 PM
Cinnamon?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:11 PM
No when I tell my kids time is up they know that that means time is up.
Melissa_4
by Emerald Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:12 PM

My bathtub starts self-draining with a slow leak in the mechanism, and I don't put a lot of water in there (maybe 4 inches), so after about 20 minutes, there's really no water to take a bath in anymore, and they get cold.  :-D

EmBoogRaysMommy
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:13 PM
4 moms liked this

If its working then I think you came up with a great idea! Very creative with no ill effects on the kiddo. Props for that :)

MistyMoo
by Emerald Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:14 PM
I used a timer with my son for the longest time and it worked good. He knew when he heard the alarm it was time to get out or I would pick him up and wrap him in a towel myself, which he hated. We don't even need the timer now! He gets out when I tell him to
Alliemad_3
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:15 PM
I give mine a 2 minute warning. Then when I say get out, they get out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:16 PM
2 moms liked this

If my 3 year old son did that he would no longer have 20-25 minute baths. He'd be in and out until he could learn to listen.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)