Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why do some new moms act like this?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:06 PM
  • 75 Replies
My sil is a total bitch. She uses her baby against the whole family and lays out all these dumbass rules about her child and who is allowed to touch and who can hold her. How long she is allowed to be held, and then if she is mad she screams you will never see.my child again!!!
She thinks she is like invincible and entitled to do as she pleases just because she has a baby now.

Now I do understand its her baby her choice blah blah blah. I get it, really. I was terrified as a new mother. I was also 17. She like 28 . She is so childish about it.

Also I read a post earlier in another group where a girl, pregnant with her first was writing a letter to her inlaws. Laying out the ground rules.
They are only allowed over for two short visits a day, must leave her house if the baby is hungry, they are not allowed to say my baby or grandmas boy or anything like that. She is very strict about no Facebook pictures which I totally understand. But she is putting in the letter they are not even allowed to brag about him. Ever.

Why are new moms like this? I just don't understand it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Melissa_4
by Emerald Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Lack of experience and hormones. ;-)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:09 PM
4 moms liked this
Cause they are batshit crazy. A baby isn't something to hold over people's heads in an argument. I get the limiting visits thing- it's stressful and new moms prefer to bf in private but no bragging ever or no "grandmas boy" is too far. Sounds like control issues.
MamaRae85
by *you're on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Some of it is inexperience, some of it is hormones, some of it is good ol' homegrown crazy. =)

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:12 PM
2 moms liked this

She can make all the rules she wants. It's her child.

HousewifeNina
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:12 PM
Those people are stupid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Saille717
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:12 PM

This.

Quoting MamaRae85:

Some of it is inexperience, some of it is hormones, some of it is good ol' homegrown crazy. =)

mas2124
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:12 PM

AHAHAHAHAHA.

I wasn't that anal, but I remember thinking how important I suddenly was, and scared to death something would happen to this miraculous, tiny human I had labored out of my body.

Time passes, they get over it, or too busy to remember to be that anal.

LyndollyCarlos
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:13 PM
Thats. Just. Stupid. I had. My 1st son at 17 and i would not go. The hospital. With out my mother. N. Law.. .. I
wanted her there for every little thing

Were best friends ..
I knew. I didn't. Know any thing. I hardly to have her there close by for everything
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommy9494
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:13 PM

I agree!

Quoting Anonymous:

Cause they are batshit crazy. A baby isn't something to hold over people's heads in an argument. I get the limiting visits thing- it's stressful and new moms prefer to bf in private but no bragging ever or no "grandmas boy" is too far. Sounds like control issues.

EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:13 PM
First timers. But some people take it to the extreme. But they won't be so picky when everyone stops coming around. Then it will be everybody else's fault (how nobody wants to see the baby).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)