Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should teachers be allowed to carry guns?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:08 PM
  • 8 Replies

This is being talked about on the news. Sorry if someone already posted about this. I checked the first two pages but I didn't see it. What do you think? I'm all for the right to bear arms, but I don't think they belong in school, unless it's a security guard. I don't have a problem with armed security guards being on campus, in fact, that's a good idea. We had them at my High School, but I don't like the idea of my kids Elementary teacher having a gun behind her desk.

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Sasha-
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:12 PM

I am all for the right to bear arms as well and I think they have no place in a school.  I also do not think the politicians do as well.   They are just grandstanding.  Trying to be out there before the anti-gun people come out and say we should ban all guns.

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:12 PM

Absolutely not.

ElitestJen
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:14 PM

I don't think teachers need a firearm in school.  I'm ok with an armed police officer.  I'm not even ok with an armed security guard.

jen2150
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:14 PM

It has already happened.  I will say this again.  There are guidelines.  The guns are not left in a drawer.    Teachers will receive hostage training and what to do in these types of circumstances.  Teachers need training for hostage and shooting situations.   You don't run towards someone shooting while you are unarmed.   Only certain types are guns are used with bullets that are not likely to ricochet.  Teachers need to be trained what to do in certain situations.   Training is what helps people overcome their natural tendencies.  

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:15 PM

NO

and if they allowed it in my child's school, he would no longer be a student at that school

luvmymunchkins3
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:15 PM
i dont think so i think thats just asking for more trouble
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:16 PM

HELL NO!! I do not want anyone around my child that is carrying a gun unless it's law enforcement or military protecting people. Bottom line! I will remove my child from school and homeschool if a law like this is passed.

Stephd710
by Emerald Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:17 PM

No, but I am for the idea of armed guards.  We had a cop that patrolled our High School starting my senior year (the year Columbine happened) and they have been there ever since. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)