Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My husband said no more babies

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

When we got married we already had a son who was almost two and we agreed that 3 was a good number. I have always wanted atleast 5 and he said he wanted 3 so I agreed since I was happy with him and I figured we would be able to give our kids more if there were 3 instead of 5. We started ttc #2 the night of our wedding and it took 9 months to conceive. Now our youngest is 7 months and our oldest is almost 4 and I watch a little boy that is one once a week. DH told me last week that he does not think he wants anymore children. I understand that he can change his mind but I am so upset right now. I was hoping to start ttc around our youngest sons birthday and it really was a shock to me. After our youngest was born he even mentioned that he might want a daughter some day, and he had said many times that he was terrified to have a daughter because his family has not had a girl born into it in 20 years.

I am so angry and upset and I  do not know how to talk to him about it. It would be different if he said not for a few years but he flat out said no.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
danie24
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:15 PM

He's entitled to change his mind, just like you are.

It is what it is. You'll just have to find a way to be content with the two beautiful babies you already have. Try not to be too angry with him. You wouldn't want him angry with you if you decided you didn't want to get pregnant again.

Maybe someday he will change his mind again when the baby is a little older.

wilesmomma
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:17 PM
His mind might change when they are a little older. Things might just be very hectic right now with having small children. Just don't stress on the children you don't have and focus on enjoying the ones you do. Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:17 PM
Bump!
Lydlou02
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:19 PM
Lol. The baby is only 7m. It's not time to be thinking about more. Let the LO grow a little and enjoy his babyhood. There'll be plenty of time to discus another one later.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:23 PM

While he is entitled to change his mind, don't let him rush off to get snipped.  (how ever that can be reversed if he does change his mind, but the reversals don't always work)

My DH tried to go get snipped after we had our second, cause he said he as done.  Our insurance wouldn't pay for it then.  You either had to be a certain age, or have 5 kids, before they would pay, and he wasn't old enough.  Now he is 32 and wants another child.  

I encourage you to have many open and honest discussions about having another baby.  You never know, in a year you might not want another baby, but he will!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)