Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did your SO do while you were in labor?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies
1 mom liked this
My poor ex he was just so scared he didnt know what to do. When I woke him up and told him I was in labor he wanted to call the midwife right then. I told him to calm down, contractions were only 8 min apart. So he got the car loaded and I made some phonecalls and took a shower. I started vomiting and had diarrhea and he couldn't handle that. I opened the bathroom door and put a bucket on the floor and shut the door lol.
On the way to the birthing center I had him stop at a gas station for some water and mints( I was hoping to settle my stomach). He didn't want to leave me in the car. Apparently if he went in the store for two min I would have the baby without him ;).
At the birthing center the midwife told me I was 7cm. He almost passed out! His whole face was just white.
While I was laboring in the tub he kept touching me.. he was patting my head and rubbing my leg and just generally being twitchy. I kindly told him in.between pushes that I loved him very much, but if he touched me one more time I was going to break his hands :).
At one point inbetween pushes I looked over at him and you could see the fear on the poor guys face. He was kneeling down beside the tub, and had a death grip, his knuckles were white. I could see how hard he was gripping the tub. After dd was born I looked up just in time to see his eyes roll into the back of his head. And he almost fell backwards lol.
Dd is three today, he still acts like he is terrified of most aspects of being a daddy :)
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:21 PM
Bump
JOEJULA
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:23 PM

My husband was on the phone with his mom when they were wheeling me back into the OR. For him it was a breez!

dbrown1989
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:23 PM

My fiance was great. I woke him up at 3 am and he grunte at me and rolled over...and then a contraction came and I just about squeezed the life out of his fingers and then he woke up and got dressed and took me to the hospital. He held my hand and let me squeeze as hard as I needed to the entire time. He listened to what I asked him to do and was encouraging but when I told him to shut up he did. He stood near my head while the baby was coming out because "that's gross" but he did cut the cord. 5 months later, he is wonderful and is only sometimes afraid he'll break our son.

JenB1983
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:24 PM
My ex was pretty much worthless for our boys. Lol

My s/o........poor guy. Just had our baby last night. He hates blood. But, he was a trooper. Even my doc and nurse both said they were surprised he stayed upright. Lol. He was there when I needed him....even just holding my hand and looking at each other calmed me down. He's now the crazy, over protective daddy. :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rosaleeandtwo
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:24 PM

He wasn't there.  But we weren't "SOs" when she was born so his absence wasn't a problem.  My sister was with me and that was ok, but honestly if I could've had my way I would've rather just gone it alone.

frankiesma530

He was awesome this last time.  The first time I wanted to bite his head off cuz he kept patting my head.  He's a great father though.

EmmaGlenn20

Lol that's hilarious :P I was calm for my whole labour so my husband was as well. He wanted to touch me to comfort me but when I'm in pain I hate being touched so I told him to just give me lots of space. After the epidural was in he and my mother slept, they were exhausted lol. I was too wired to sleep.

luvmymunchkins3
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:25 PM
he just hung out with me and talked and just keep the mood normal there wasnt anything for him to do other then wait for our kids to be born.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tifbrown
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this

The first time around, once I got him to stop freaking out, he was amazing. He was such a great support. The second time around... well lets just say he wasn't the support he should have been.

xXxLillithxXx
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:26 PM

I had a c-section so it was pretty relaxed but my husband was amazing the whole pregnancy and through the hospital stay. If I had actually labored I think he would have been more nervous but he was great.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)