Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you child's BEST and WORST qualities?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:44 PM
  • 0 Replies

Autumn is 11.

Her best qualities:

Autumn is incredibly helpful and willing. Always the first to notice trash in the neighborhood, pull on some gloves, grab a bag, and go on a trash hunt; cat sits for the neighbors, walks their dogs, takes them cookies, helps them clean up, watches her brothers so I can bathe (lol). She is kind and one of the most compassionate, generous children I've ever known. She is beautiful and oblivious to it (actually, she believes she isn't). She is creative and artistic, scientifically minded and wants to help everyone one day (difficult to narrow down a future career because of this, lol!).

Her worst qualities:

Autumn is an in the moment, instant gratification kind of gal; she never thinks before she acts and tends to put things off until the last moment. She has wonderful intentions but if she isn't able to fulfill them immediately, her execution is lacking. She has foot-in-mouth syndrome; a bit too honest and doesn't think before she speaks - lacks tact. We've been trying to keep with the motto: Is it kind, is it necessary, is it true - best two out of three wins, forfeiting the third when the situation calls for it. We are working on teaching her when saying nothing is the best option. Time management is a big issue for her and something we are working on as we run towards the high school/teenage years when this is especially important regarding schoolwork (and balancing that with her extracurriculars and her helpful, but time consuming, volunteer projects (like when she offers to cat sit, help clean a neighbor's van, dog sit for another neighbor all during the same week - while she still has school work and ballet to consider).

Nico (3 years old):

Best:

Nico is a happy, positive little boy. Very empathetic and sympathetic - always the first to kiss a boo boo or ask "whasa matta?" if he sees someone upset. Generous and affectionate. Smart as a whip. Oblivious to the fact that he can't do all the things other children his age can do and that he's smaller than the other boys his age (although he does sometimes sigh when passing a preschool and want to "play swing and slide").

Worst:

Nico is the tantrum king. Not for things he wants to have or do, rather, for things he DOESN'T want to have or do (like bedtime!). He is MESSY - that child doesn't believe he can adequately play in his bedroom without overturning every basket of toys he owns, onto the floor, lol.

Marco is only 6 months - he is cute, cries, poops, and wants boob. Only time will tell, lol.

Tell me about your children and what makes them unique and wonderful (oh, and the not so wonderful)!

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)