Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For people saying we should take away guns

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies
1 mom liked this
Please go back to history class and learn what the right to bear arms is about.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rosaleeandtwo
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd rather have the right to bare arms right now (I'm cold and want some warm sunshine!)

Obviously I have nothing of value to add so just consider this a bump :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:49 PM
2 moms liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:50 PM
I am just putting it out there for all those who are wanting to take it away. There is history behind it.

Quoting rosaleeandtwo:

I'd rather have the right to bare arms right now (I'm cold and want some warm sunshine!)

Obviously I have nothing of value to add so just consider this a bump :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:50 PM
Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:50 PM

I'm not sure how I feel about guns to be honest  :l  But i'm also not one saying to do away with them.

Kleotide
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:51 PM
2 moms liked this

My aunt is a counselor, she recently posted this on FB.  Which I thought was spot on for where discussions should be going.

"As a person who makes a living off the mentally ill and emotionally unstable, I routinely turn away potential clients who  can't afford my services. I see many clients for free as it is simply because SOMEONE needs to help. I have to prioritize clients who can afford to pay me, or have insurance (their deductible is nearly the cost of a full session) so I can pay my mortgage and feed my family. For those individuals who are chronically a threat to self or others, and have committed no crime (yet), there are NO facilities. No resources. Nowhere to turn. I'm turning clients away, and these folks are desperate for care. The lack of access to mental health care (while counselors desperately need paying clients) is disgraceful and MUST be addressed. And, by far, it is a much more pressing and fixable issue than the old cliché gun control issue. It's not about the weapons used- it's about the failure of our society to fund mental health care properly. Aurora could have been avoided. The shooting of the AZ politician (Gabby) could have been avoided."

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:52 PM
Guns are not for every family but there is a reason we have the right.

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

I'm not sure how I feel about guns to be honest  :l  But i'm also not one saying to do away with them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Drugs are illegal...you see how much that stops druggies from using.  Bwaaa-haaa-haa!

So let's take away firearms from law-abiding citizens who want to protect themselves and others and allow the abusers to have all the guns illegally.

harpsichord
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:53 PM

maybe they meant

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:54 PM
I have read this when you posted it. That doesn't change what I said. There is a difference in gun control and taking them away. This is for those saying take them away.

Quoting Kleotide:

My aunt is a counselor, she recently posted this on FB.  Which I thought was spot on for where discussions should be going.

"As a person who makes a living off the mentally ill and emotionally unstable, I routinely turn away potential clients who  can't afford my services. I see many clients for free as it is simply because SOMEONE needs to help. I have to prioritize clients who can afford to pay me, or have insurance (their deductible is nearly the cost of a full session) so I can pay my mortgage and feed my family. For those individuals who are chronically a threat to self or others, and have committed no crime (yet), there are NO facilities. No resources. Nowhere to turn. I'm turning clients away, and these folks are desperate for care. The lack of access to mental health care (while counselors desperately need paying clients) is disgraceful and MUST be addressed. And, by far, it is a much more pressing and fixable issue than the old cliché gun control issue. It's not about the weapons used- it's about the failure of our society to fund mental health care properly. Aurora could have been avoided. The shooting of the AZ politician (Gabby) could have been avoided."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)