• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can i get into trouble?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

stbxh was supposed to have our dd for xmas and newy years this year... he told me by text that he wasnt getting her and then again yesterday by phone that he was not getting her.... i made my holiday plans and now he called asking if it was too late to get her? (we live 400 miles away) he already said no 2 times.... so i told him i already had plans but i would cancel them... we hung up (it was a calm convo no yelling or anything) and then he called me back a few min later and told me to nevermind... not to cancel my plans and he would just see her next month instead... i asked r u sure and he said yeah im sure... again hung up civilly.... im just scared hes gonna try and use that against me in court.... but... he hasnt seen her in almost a year... 3/31 was the last time he saw her anyways.... and he wont speak to the guardian alidem or anything... he hasnt filled out any court papers hes been supposed to and send them to me... the judge told him 3 times to do that... and same goes for the gal... and she even already is sending a letter of non complainace to the court about him.... and i filed for contempt for non payment of cs...(i know money has nothing to do with visitation just saying... this is all against him)

so any idea if i would get in trouble still? if he can use it against me... or will he look like an asshat?

and im sending an email to the gal with the text message as well on it so she can see he said no.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:54 PM

bump

jbirdsladie27
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:56 PM
No idea, BUMP
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
workingmama86
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:58 PM

I don't see how you could get in any trouble. You aren't keeping your child from him. He's voluntarily not seeing her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Quoting workingmama86:

I don't see how you could get in any trouble. You aren't keeping your child from him. He's voluntarily not seeing her.

i just dont want him going into court and say i told him no... u know? he likes to try and twist shit

wodntulk2kno1
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:00 PM
I guess file contempt of court saying you made visitation available to him and he didn't show or say he cancelled. Cover yourself, but it really doesn't seem that much of an issue since he has a history of not doing what he is suppose to do
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CheyanneW
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:01 PM
No I wouldn't think so since you have the text. Is his visitation in writing? My country papers have that my ex is required to give 2 weeks notice for any visitation not already ordered.
Jadnorton
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:01 PM
I don't know if he can use it against you or you use it against him but from now on if he wants to cancel I would get it in text message or email. Something that you can back up your story with.
workingmama86
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting workingmama86:

i just dont want him going into court and say i told him no... u know? he likes to try and twist shit

well it's his word against yours... I don't think the judge would buy his story... 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Quoting CheyanneW:

No I wouldn't think so since you have the text. Is his visitation in writing? My country papers have that my ex is required to give 2 weeks notice for any visitation not already ordered.

were still going thru court but the gal said we are supposed to confirm no less than 48 hrs thru email or text about switching dd.. and if no contact is made then its cancelled. he told me by text that he wasnt getting her.. and then i asked again by phone 2 days later... so im hoping the judge doesnt try and take his side... he did that last time... i actually went to the meeting spot and he never showed then when he said he was there and i wasnt the judge yelled at me.. i was like i sent u pictures and a reciept to prove i was there! wtf... (AND WE ARE DOING THIS WITHOUT LAWYERS... we dont have the $ and i cant get free legal help cuz i dont live in that state anymore.)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Quoting Jadnorton:

I don't know if he can use it against you or you use it against him but from now on if he wants to cancel I would get it in text message or email. Something that you can back up your story with.

he did text.... and i called and talked to him too and he said no that time as well. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)