Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A question for those with Faith

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies

Disclaimer:  This is not  a bash post.  Keep that crap elsewhere.

When I heard about the recent tragedy in Newton, I was deeply saddened, but not shocked.  This sort of stuff happens all of the time - even on smaller scales.  Not a night goes by that we don't see innocent victims on our TV screens. 

My question to you, how can you continuously have faith in a God that ALLOWS these events to occur?  We are supposed to pray and have faith and God will be on our side, but how can you still believe that in this day and age when violence is everywhere we look?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Because this is people doing the things they do.  It's not God "allowing" it to happen.  

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:01 PM
3 moms liked this

God is a loving God...But you need to give respect to earn respect. If you take God's power and love for granted, he will show you he is here. Much like a parent who punishes the children they love, God will punish us for our sinnful behaviour.

We must ask God to forgive us. He will shower you with blessings if you do what's right.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:10 PM

What could those children have possibly done wrong?  They were completely innocent.  Where were their blessings?

Quoting Anonymous:

God is a loving God...But you need to give respect to earn respect. If you take God's power and love for granted, he will show you he is here. Much like a parent who punishes the children they love, God will punish us for our sinnful behaviour.

We must ask God to forgive us. He will shower you with blessings if you do what's right.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this

They didn't do anything wrong which is why they got the gift of meeting Jesus in Heaven and spending eternity with him.... nothing on earth is better than that. Those children are so lucky and so blessed!

It's their parents who were being punished.

Quoting Anonymous:

What could those children have possibly done wrong?  They were completely innocent.  Where were their blessings?

Quoting Anonymous:

macysmom
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:12 PM
3 moms liked this
I believe god puts us through tragedies to learn and grow in our faith. To some it may sound terrible but he shakes us up and makes us open our eyes. Its a test to see if we can still praise him through the storm.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Sorry, but I can't see getting your head blown off at school as a blessing.

Quoting Anonymous:

They didn't do anything wrong which is why they got the gift of meeting Jesus in Heaven and spending eternity with him.... nothing on earth is better than that. Those children are so lucky and so blessed!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:17 PM
I believe in sin. I don't know if I can put it in exact words on here how I feel. As a Christian, I believe the children are with our Lord. I feel they felt no pain and died instantly. They are now in a joyous place much better than here on earth. This is just on the Newtown topic alone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:18 PM
The tragic murder wasn't the blessing, the kingdom of heaven is their reward and blessing for having died so young.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sorry, but I can't see getting your head blown off at school as a blessing.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

LectioDivina
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:19 PM

Why would Death = Sadness to God?

harehelper
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:21 PM

You know, this exact question has been thoroughly answered and hashed out on about 15 other threads in the last two days.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)