• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Have No Female Friends; Am I the Only One?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

I have no female friends, and the only real reason why is because I just don't have time for many relationships in my life. I work full-time; I have kids; I am married. I am stretched very thin and don't see how other women manage to do it all but still preserve friendships with women. Am I the only one?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hot_Badonkadonk
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:11 PM

I have a lot of friends.

They all are busy with families too. We might not see each other every weekend, heck maybe once a year, but we always pick up where we left off. There are some that I see a lot more and talk to weekly.

I have to have friends to keep my insanity!! They're my girls :o)

black_rose19
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:12 PM
No, I don't have any friends either. I'm a SAHM, so it's hard to get out there and meet people.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
flcowgrl23
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:12 PM
I have none where I live. I have one friend an hour away that I can call if I need a friend there for me but the rest live out of state. It sucks not having anyone to go out with for anything but at the same time NO DRAMA!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Nope. I don't have any friends either. It's really awful too.

..MoonShine..
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:14 PM
Yep. This.

Quoting Hot_Badonkadonk:

I have a lot of friends.

They all are busy with families too. We might not see each other every weekend, heck maybe once a year, but we always pick up where we left off. There are some that I see a lot more and talk to weekly.

I have to have friends to keep my insanity!! They're my girls :o)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bright.Eyes
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:14 PM

I have many female friends, but they're not my best friends. My best friends are male. I'm more of a guys girl.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:14 PM

I have a few but none I consider close or that I can call anytime.  I am also stretched thin and everyone around my area who is my age is addicted to drugs.  My friends are my coworkers who are an average of ten years older.

shylynn22
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:15 PM

I dont either! i moved here a year ago and am a SAHM and don't know anyone but my DH. Left friends and family when i moved. So I am alone with just my babys and DH.

shylynn22
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:20 PM

also i have problems because im kind of picky about the people im friends with or have around my kids. and all the people my age drink smoke do drugs or party all the time sleep around or just always talk trash about people. and i can't have any of that. i just want a friend that takes care of her kids and her life. not a drug addicted alcoholic that leaves her kid with mom to go party. but its kind of hard to find sometimes. and im new to the area so i don't know where to look. Im 21 btw.

Quoting shylynn22:

I dont either! i moved here a year ago and am a SAHM and don't know anyone but my DH. Left friends and family when i moved. So I am alone with just my babys and DH.

Melissa_4
by Emerald Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:21 PM

No, you're not.  I don't have time for bullshit, and my best friends in high school were guys, one of which I married.  I find too many women play games and cause way too much drama.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)