Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This might sound stupid to you.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

I am having a baby with my LOVE and were planning on a life time together, though of course you never know. Well he has a son and I just love his son so much. On the weekends we have him I am on top of everything he does. I love hanging out with him and we cuddle on the couch sometimes. He called me mom a few times but I know it is because my daughter calls me mommy Angel (she is in love with my name cause I am her Angel). I feel the need to correct him and tell him to call me Angel too I know that is the way to go about it. But I don't know how to go about all these pictures and stuff I want to post them on FB or scrap books and include him in my life completely. He is my SS and I never want to leave him out of my life, both of my kids have their own folder on fb and scrap books dedicated to them completely. I feel like if I gave him is own spot in my life like that though his mom might think I was stepping out of line. So I just put his picture in the 2012 folders and have not really incuded him in a scrap book just a the photo album. And I think to myself it looks like I don't care about him as much. I know it sounds stupid but would you make a photo album and scrap book specifically for your step child who you don't want to over step the boundaries with? 

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Depends on how the bm feels. Personally I would be thrilled if my idiot ex would settle down with a woman who loves my son and treats him like one of her own. I wouldn't want him to call her mom though, that's a little too much. The pictures wouldn't bother me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:27 PM

The mom thing caught me off guard, I told him his mom is at work and I am Angel. He does not understand yet completely I will make him though. And his BM is not thrilled about me she is very jealous and snobby about me. I am just a step mom not a real mom to him and I know it is true but it still hurts. 

Quoting TiffanyRose06:

Depends on how the bm feels. Personally I would be thrilled if my idiot ex would settle down with a woman who loves my son and treats him like one of her own. I wouldn't want him to call her mom though, that's a little too much. The pictures wouldn't bother me.

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:28 PM

That's sad, she should appreciate that you love her son so much.

Quoting Anonymous:

The mom thing caught me off guard, I told him his mom is at work and I am Angel. He does not understand yet completely I will make him though. And his BM is not thrilled about me she is very jealous and snobby about me. I am just a step mom not a real mom to him and I know it is true but it still hurts. 

Quoting TiffanyRose06:

We dance around the living room to classic rock
We play patty-cake with his feet
We're sillier than Spongebob & Patrick
We go together like PB & J
We're mother and son
And we're so cool, we make ice cubes jealous
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
marinenonstop
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:31 PM
It all depends on the bM and the relationship you all have. My ss calls me mommy and I have pictures of him in my home and on my fb. His mother knows because she and I are friends. It gets a little confusing when we are all together and he comes and says , " mommy??" She and I both respond.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Include him - don't exclude him from anything, put him in the scrapbooks, keep him a part of your family. I personally see no problem with a stepkid calling the step parent by "mommy ____" or "daddy _____" - imo it shows that they're comfortable with you and love you like the birthparent and see you as another mommy or daddy. If you keep things the way they are, not including pictures, telling him not to call you mommy, etc, as he gets older he might see it as you don't love him.

AHmom103
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:33 PM

I would, but I would share all the photos in that album with BM.

MomLife16
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:38 PM
I called my stepdad "Daddy" he and my mom got a divorce and I still call him "Daddy" it was my choice. He told me I could call him by his name, Daddy, or Daddy Mike. My dad didn't seem thrilled but it was my choice not theirs.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)