Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stressed out by a 2 year old.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies
1 mom liked this

HELP!

My son C is a great kid. BUT HE IS SO STUBBORN. I can teach him to not do something.. Walk away.. 2 seconds later he is back doing it.. Then I spank him if he deliberatly disobeys.. But I am getting to the point I am not sure the spanking is working on him. He will cry and throw a fit.. But it doesn't change his behavior..

For J my other child a spanking is the ultimate threat.. and if I give a spanking he is like gold for several days afterwards.. IDK WHAT TO DO..

HELP!

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:53 PM
Wow spankning a two year old. You will get torn to shreds on this delete now
Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:54 PM
6 moms liked this
Redirection. If he's doing something he's not supposed to do then remove the object or him.

Praise him when he does do good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:54 PM

All children are different. They have their own stubborn little personalities to deal with. Just take a deep breath, and keep reiterating the rules.

crescentstar2
by expecto patronum on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:54 PM
2 moms liked this

Find his currency, spanking isn't it obviously. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:56 PM

I appreciate your warning.. I know your right.. But I need the advice. So I will ignore the ignorant comments people will make!

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow spankning a two year old. You will get torn to shreds on this delete now

stephiebugg
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this

He's 2? Redirect. Take him out of the situation that is the problem or take the object away. Say no firmly.

littlesippycup
by Baby T-rex Arms on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Stay consistent. It's all about repetition with the terrible twos. I have no fucking clue really. I'm just spewing shit. Good luck girl. DD just turned two and it hasn't been too bad. Yet. LOL!!

tezell78
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this
My ds is 2.5 beyond stubborn, and I swear to god, he is mcgyver. With him, time outs did nothing, redirection did nothing, I try not to spank unless is serious, such as his stunt involving a butter knife and out let plate. I WAS BEYOND FRUSTRATED because nothing seemed to work, then my best friend suggested asking him to do something, instead of telling him. Its working so far, and when I ask if he doesn't want to do it, I still make him, but he doesn't melt down like he did.
I don't know why, but asking is working for us.maybe because he feels like he has some control.......
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Quoting crescentstar2:

Find his currency, spanking isn't it obviously. 

Any examples?

mommy_me
by Emerald Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Stop freaking hitting the child. Its not working. Redirection, time out, talking. Try it. It really workds

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)