Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christmas Bonus...UPDATE.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 75 Replies
1 mom liked this

DH gets a bonus every year, mid December. We haven't heard anything about it this year, and it's one week until Christmas and he still hasn't received it. The company hasn't had any problems financially, in fact they're doing very well.  I posted a FB status saying "one week until christmas, still no bonus". My cousin who married a Marine, felt the need to bitch about it, saying "well we've been in the marine corps for years and have never been given a bonus".

Ok? And? We get a bonus every year, have for over five years, and are really counting on one this year, because we've hit a bump in our financial road and his bonus could help us. Not my fault the Marine Corps doens't give bonuses. Sorry, except not really.

I was replying to someone in this post and DH IM'd me. We got our bonus! It wasn't as much as we were expecting, but it's enough to get DD her Christmas present and have some left over. Stick that in your juice box and suck it, dear cousin.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ElitestJen
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:54 PM
3 moms liked this
Never rely on a bonus. It's not guaranteed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyoftwo103
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Bonuses are not guaranteed. Boners are for sure though!!! LOL jk. 

I hope he gets his bonus soon!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:55 PM
We gets ours the day before Thanksgiving. Lots of time for shopping lol my husband gets his om Christmas eve
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Rule #1....never rely on a bonus.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:56 PM
7 moms liked this

Clark W. Griswold, is that you?

ajnmadismommy
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:56 PM

You can't rely on that....my husband got one this weekend at his company's christmas party, and everyone is bitching because they all got different amounts.  And I don't get it because quite honestly they don't have to give bonuses....most companies don't do it....just be happy you got one......

Anyway, maybe he'll get it this Friday???  Maybe they are waiting to give them out

AHmom103
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Dh hasn't gotten one in 5 years. Now, he just gets a $50 Walmart gift card. It used to be a huge box of meat (ham, bacon, roasts, steaks, etc) and a bonus equal to about 80 hours regular pay, but 5 years ago they started just doing the Walmart cards instead. And his company has been doing great too, in fact, this year alone, they had enough of a profit (according to the owner of the company) to spend $5 million on new robotic welders.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:57 PM

I'm sorry :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this

This is our favorite movie, and our situation reminds us of this. DH says he's expecting a Christmas Eve delivery of a $5 starbucks card.

Quoting Anonymous:

Clark Griswold, is that you?

stephiebugg
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:59 PM

Sorry!
I'd love to get a cash bonus. I get $100 giftcard to the grocery store. I guess it's great, I can skip buying groceries, but I would've liked cash. I shouldn't complain, at least I get something, I guess.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)