Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is this creepy? **we talked**

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 106 Replies

My son just turned 5 (last week). Is it creepy that i dont feel comfortable going away for a weekend without him? Or if he calls at night and im not doing something or asleep, i will go see what he wants? Or that i explain to him why whatever he did is wrong?

SO thinks its creepy.

I want to thank everyone for responding. Sometimes just talking to someone not involved helps figure out new ideas....

** So we talked. I don't know if anything was accomplished but we talked. He kept saying he's "tired of taking a back seat to the kid." I told him that if I take any more attention away from the kiddo that HE would be taking the back seat. He wants the option to go away for a weekend, and I told it that we have that option but not leaving him with his parents. THAT is the issue that kept coming up. Of course I have my own issues I need to talk to him about but I will get to that another night. I wouldn't let him go to bed until we talked. I reminded him that I won't go to be angry.

Oh and I told him I wanted to go to counseling. He refused to go because he works so much. Even if I could find an appointment for his only day off he doesn't want to go. So I think I am going to make the appointment, tell him when it is and that this is it. We need help.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CamMa
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:06 PM
3 moms liked this
Sounds like you're just being a mother....

Unless you're not telling us something...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:07 PM
2 moms liked this

CUT THE CORD MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-spork2.0-
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:08 PM
I dont get the whole not being comfortable away from your kids thing.. but everything else is pretty normal.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:08 PM

It sounds like neither of you are able to live independently. It's great that you want your son to be close to you, but eventually, it will be detrimental to both of your own independance.

arpazia
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:09 PM
No, I'm the same way.
I don't understand it when people say they need a break. To me it's normal, yes I have gone out of town with out him. (He's 7)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_me
by Emerald Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this

...........are you serious?

arpazia
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:10 PM
2 moms liked this
Why would it be odd to explain why what he did was wrong?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think anything about it sounds creepy. To me, it sounds like you're being a good mom...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:10 PM
This all came out after almost 2 years of being together. What could i be overlooking? Seriously. He sends me a message out of the blue (message, not actually talking to me) going off on this rant. What i said in the post is out of his message.

Quoting CamMa:

CamMa
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:11 PM
Then I really don't understand how that's creepy. Just sounds like a good mom to me.

Quoting Anonymous:

This all came out after almost 2 years of being together. What could i be overlooking? Seriously. He sends me a message out of the blue (message, not actually talking to me) going off on this rant. What i said in the post is out of his message.

Quoting CamMa:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)