Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you do for Christmas?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you spend Christmas morning with your children and significant other opening gifts, and then afterwards go see family/ have family come over? Or do you go see family/ have family come over to open gifts first thing in the morning?

Options:

Spend Christmas morning with my children and significant other then go see family/ have family come over

Go see family/ have family over to open gifts first thing in the morning

Neither

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 20

View Results

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
two4one
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:13 PM

We do xmas moring as a family, then go to relatives later in the day.

etsmom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:16 PM

We do gifts from family Christmas Eve night at my parents house. Christmas morning we have breakfast and then Go to family's houses in the afternoon.

IntactivistMama
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this
We have no local family. It's just us and the kids. We open stuff, then cook food.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jbirdsladie27
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:17 PM
Hang at the house with my guys
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mitchiesgirl
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:20 PM

I meant to put go see family... stupid computer bad

We go to my mom's mid morning for Christmas brunch and then to my sister's for Christmas dinner.... My kids open the majority of their presents at midnight, my parent's at brunch, and the rest at my sisters... a week later we have another christmas at my aunts

deadlights86
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Usually neither but this year we have the house with the most space so we are the official get together house and they are all coming christmas day no clue what time though nobody is telling me. Probably around 5 or 6 though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:24 PM

OoOh busy busy! Sounds like fun though

Quoting mitchiesgirl:

We go to my mom's mid morning for Christmas brunch and then to my sister's for Christmas dinner.... My kids open the majority of their presents at midnight, my parent's at brunch, and the rest at my sisters... a week later we have another christmas at my aunts

mitchiesgirl
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:26 PM

Yes it is! Our Christmas starts on Christmas Eve when my inlaws (about 40) come over for Eve dinner and we all open gifts at midnight lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mitchiesgirl:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:33 PM

That's similar to what I used to do with my family as a kid. Except we would go to my moms parents house Christmas eve for gifts & dinner. Christmas morning we would spend with our mom & dad opening gifts and having breakfast. Then in the afternoon go to my dads moms house for gifts and dinner with the rest of the family. It's fun and beats seeing everyone in 1 day!

Quoting mitchiesgirl:

Yes it is! Our Christmas starts on Christmas Eve when my inlaws (about 40) come over for Eve dinner and we all open gifts at midnight lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mitchiesgirl:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)