Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just need some effing space!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

We live in a very small apartment. Just two bedrooms. It was our first apartment. After the first year, we renewed the lease out of convenience of location - my son's daycare, my husbands job etc.

Since then, we have switched daycares and my husband has switched jobs.We are stuck here until May

Every weekend, his daughter visits, so we have 4 people in a small apartment. We both work full time, and we only have one car - so when I get off of work, he picks me up, and we are together from that point until he drops me off in the morning.

I don't have any space to call my own. From the minute we get home, he goes into our bedroom, listens to music and relaxes from working all day.

My son goes to the living room to play and has toys everywhere. I cook and clean. There isn't even a kitchen table, because the kitchen is so mall. I tried to turn the dining room table into "my space" and DH took that over too. It has become a dumping ground.

I am just so frustrated! He gets mad, because I leave on the weekends. I need some fucking space, so yes, I leave and go shopping or go walking around the mall. He gets mad because it's "family time" well maybe if just once a week, I had some fucking ME TIME, I wouldn't leave on the weekends!!!

I am so tired! I need some space!

He is driving me up a wall! He even sleeps ON ME!! ON ME! I need some space, in order to focus on being happier!

I can't do this anymore, and having this tiny place is going to drive us apart!

I know the solution is to talk to him, but yeah, that's not going to work. I have talked till I'm blue in the face.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
-42-
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:24 PM

Have your son play in what I am assuming is his room?

crazymammy25
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:24 PM

if it's family time then why does he plot up in your bedroom?

I've not got any advise apart from try to talk to him but I know full well what some men can be like and it's like banging your head against a brick wall. :-)

ilovemykids323
by Emerald Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:28 PM

I dunno if all apartments are like this but sometimes after your 1 yr lease is up you can doa month to month. i mean its a little to late for that now but maybe for in the future??? Just talk to him :) i would need space too.

jbirdsladie27
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:29 PM
I'm sorry :(
I feel our tiny space has allowed us to be a closer knit family.
I hope you get the space you feel you need.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:30 PM

I would, but, his bedroom door is less than 4 feet from the stove. So if I'm preparing dinner, then he's right there, wanting me to come play with him. Which I do play with him, ALOT. But when I'm cooking or cleaning, that is the only time I get without constantly needing to do something else for someone else. My husband and my son are both constantly up my ass!

I even tried taking a bath daily, after dinner is made. That doesn't work! My husband will just walk right in and start telling me about this, then my son always has to poop right at that time, no matter when it is. It could be 5:30 or 11:30, he has to poop ( it's like he wakes up to come poop and talk to me )

Quoting -42-:

LuvUSoMuch
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:31 PM

Bump - to read later. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:32 PM

And now, I am off of work - leaving to go home =(

-42-
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Implement a 'no toy outside the bedroom' rule and he has to get that you can't play with him 24/7. Encourage him to play in his room while you cook. He can see you from his room if you're at the stove, yes? My youngest was the same way. He didn't want to be in his room alone, but we worked at it and he will now. We don't let toys in the living room, unless for some reason he asks and I say OK. Turning on a radio or a music DVD helped mine.

Have a serious convo with the husband. Some men are really dense when it comes to those things. 

And the kid pooping I have no advice. When I go to take a shower or a bath, every other person has to use the bathroom. No lie. It's like it sets off an alarm in their bladders.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would, but, his bedroom door is less than 4 feet from the stove. So if I'm preparing dinner, then he's right there, wanting me to come play with him. Which I do play with him, ALOT. But when I'm cooking or cleaning, that is the only time I get without constantly needing to do something else for someone else. My husband and my son are both constantly up my ass!

I even tried taking a bath daily, after dinner is made. That doesn't work! My husband will just walk right in and start telling me about this, then my son always has to poop right at that time, no matter when it is. It could be 5:30 or 11:30, he has to poop ( it's like he wakes up to come poop and talk to me )

Quoting -42-:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)