Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No I don't way my mother living with us!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 68 Replies
My husband and I have a nice home with what you can call maids quarters or a mother in law suite. Basically it's a small apartment that's attached to the house by a roof.

My mother wants to live there and I said no so now my mother along with my family are calling me selfish and ungrateful.

My mother was physically and mentally abusive to me growing up. She cheated on my dad and left him for that man and then allowed him to threaten violence on me and verbally abuse me. She now wants to leave him but because she's always been a stay at home woman she doesn't have any money to leave him and wants to stay in our guest apartment until she can support herself, which I know damn well will never happen.

My family knows how I was treated by both my mother and her husband and yet they still expect me to allow her to live here. She's never met my husband or child because I wrote her out of my life 10 years ago.

My husband says its totally up to me and my family will not guilt me into changing my mind but it does piss me off they are trying to pull crap.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crescentstar2
by expecto patronum on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:32 PM
3 moms liked this

stick to your guns ;-)

ambermario4ever
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:33 PM

I wouldn't let her either. I will never let my mom live with us. She was not a good mother.

PitbullPrincess
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:33 PM
13 moms liked this

Your home, Your choice.  If the rest of your family is so concerned, they can take her ass in.

Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Quoting crescentstar2:

stick to your guns ;-)

mstkn.identity
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:35 PM
Stick to your guns.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillianmayasmom
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:35 PM
I wouldn't either.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Better yet she can go live with her fucking son. I'm so sick of my family and especially her.

Quoting PitbullPrincess:

Your home, Your choice.  If the rest of your family is so concerned, they can take her ass in.

areyouatroll
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:36 PM
They can take her in then!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bknotnobody
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:36 PM
Stick to your guns.

I wouldn't let my mother live with me either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Only do it if YOU want to do it. Do not let someone else guilt you into it. Seems like you made up your mind. Stand your ground, and tell the rest of the family if they love your mother so much, they can move her in THEIR house. :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)