• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yeah...Right before Christmas....UGH

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1 Replies

So I get to work this past weekend. NO morning person....She was a no call/no show Sat. and Sun.

my GM(general manager) worked the morning shift all weekend. We finally got to talking. Apparently she hadnt worked most the week, lied to the gm about where she was and what she was doing...and effectively QUIT.

I knew it was going to happen...But sheesh, before Christmas? Now the GM has to scramble to get her shifts covered. Luckily, this chic has been wishy washy for the past few weeks, and the GM has been in the loop.

So I'm working the day after Christmas....

The suckiest thing. As of yesterday, we still hadnt found ALL the gift certificates and food vouchers that this chic had gotten for our Employee Christmas Party this coming Wednesday.    We're talking hotel stays, restaurants, stores...ALOT of stuff.   We are a smaller hotel(61) rooms, and only expected 20 or so people to come(Employee and families).  So now my GM has to scramble to get something together for gifts and stuff. 

I hope the chic will get at least bring them back....But I'm so disappointed.  I thought more of that from her. Guess she showed her lack of maturity.

Oh ...and if your going to lie to your GM about where you are....Don't turn around and put it on Facebook...LOL...She'll find out(The chic and my GM have a mutual friend, and my GM was told).  

Vent over....I love my job.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Mamie_85
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:46 PM
I hate crappy employees. I'm lucky to work in a very team oriented environment. We all help each other.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)