• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you get your kids on one of those secret santa lists or giving trees? Edited

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

Up until about a week ago, our kids weren't going to get anything for Christmas.  We've been talking to them, preparing them for it so they wouldn't be heartbroken.  But we decided to take out a low interest loan to get them a few things and pay off a high interest credit card.  I thought about asking for help so the kids could have a Christmas, but I didn't know how to go about it.  Do you have to already be on welfare or something?

*Edit*

I don't care if it's past the deadline or if it's too late or whatever!!  I already said that we took out a loan to buy Christmas.  But I'm still curious about how it works.  That's what I want to know, is HOW, not when.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
CreziaMommyTo2
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:48 PM

it's a little late for that, but churches do angel trees

hudson.maggie
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:49 PM

I'm not sure how it works.. But here the deadline was the end of November, so it may be too late =/

Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:50 PM
I think that ship has sailed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
autiemama516
by autismmommy on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:50 PM

I don't think you have to be on welfare. The only problem is it is probably far too late for any of these toy drives. In our area signups start in beginning November. So use the credit card if you can even though high interest thats what I did and I will budget a little leaner in January. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:50 PM
Deadline is usually late November to make sure they have enough time to get everything. And u am not sure. I think some are no questions asked or you show proof of income
M0M0F03
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:52 PM

We do it at our church...we get names from anyone who gives them to us. We even go to shelters and children and youth for help getting kids. I would start with churches. Then maybe the salvation army.

M0M0F03
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:54 PM

I can say if anyone came to our church for help...we would still give it. Some churches might still help you.

PurplePieguy
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:59 PM

I know Toys For Tots here you have to go to one of the local National Guard Aromories, Angel Tree I think you can go to The Salvation Army, and I know around here our schools hand out papers for parents to fill out. Hope that helped. 

*ETA*you can call your local Dept of Health and Human Resources to find out places that can help you. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)